Any helper functions for checking RecordFieldType compatibility?

Any helper functions for checking RecordFieldType compatibility?

Mike Thomsen
Are there are any helper functions that would be useful for checking a
source RecordFieldType and a target RecordFieldType and letting you know if
the source is compatible with the target?

At this point, I don't have a Record object. It's simply evaluating
RecordFieldTypes off of two RecordSchema objects.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Any helper functions for checking RecordFieldType compatibility?

Mark Payne
Mike,

You may want to look at DataTypeUtils.mergeDataTypes( final DataType thisDataType, final DataType otherDataType )
I don't believe this is exactly what you are looking for, but will likely give you a good starting point, if you
were to implement such a helper method.

Mike

Re: Any helper functions for checking RecordFieldType compatibility?

Mike Thomsen
Thanks. I'll look at that.