Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Joe Witt
Team,

INFRA has given us a wiki space now in apache confluence

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI

So this should be a good easy way to generate helpful content for
folks and perhaps an easier place for open discussion of design ideas
and such.  Something I've seen the kafka community do (and perhaps
others do too) is a Kafka Improvement Process (KIP) [1].  That is a
pretty brilliant way to have an open discussion and to also enforce
some degree of breadth of consideration.

I'm by no means a confluence expert.  If anyone is interested in
helping with content please advise.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

trkurc
Administrator
Do you think would this be a good spot to host some operations best
practices also?

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Team,
>
> INFRA has given us a wiki space now in apache confluence
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI
>
> So this should be a good easy way to generate helpful content for
> folks and perhaps an easier place for open discussion of design ideas
> and such.  Something I've seen the kafka community do (and perhaps
> others do too) is a Kafka Improvement Process (KIP) [1].  That is a
> pretty brilliant way to have an open discussion and to also enforce
> some degree of breadth of consideration.
>
> I'm by no means a confluence expert.  If anyone is interested in
> helping with content please advise.
>
> [1]
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Joe Witt
Absolutely.  It is a nice way to generate searchable content of all kinds.
On May 31, 2015 10:27 AM, "Tony Kurc" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Do you think would this be a good spot to host some operations best
> practices also?
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Team,
> >
> > INFRA has given us a wiki space now in apache confluence
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI
> >
> > So this should be a good easy way to generate helpful content for
> > folks and perhaps an easier place for open discussion of design ideas
> > and such.  Something I've seen the kafka community do (and perhaps
> > others do too) is a Kafka Improvement Process (KIP) [1].  That is a
> > pretty brilliant way to have an open discussion and to also enforce
> > some degree of breadth of consideration.
> >
> > I'm by no means a confluence expert.  If anyone is interested in
> > helping with content please advise.
> >
> > [1]
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals
> >
> > Thanks
> > Joe

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Brandon DeVries
Joe,

It doesn't look like I can currently add pages.  Who are the "Space
Administrators"?  Should all the committers get some subset of the
available permissions[1]?

Brandon

[1]
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Space+Permissions+Overview

On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 12:41 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Absolutely.  It is a nice way to generate searchable content of all kinds.
> On May 31, 2015 10:27 AM, "Tony Kurc" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Do you think would this be a good spot to host some operations best
> > practices also?
> >
> > On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Team,
> > >
> > > INFRA has given us a wiki space now in apache confluence
> > >
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI
> > >
> > > So this should be a good easy way to generate helpful content for
> > > folks and perhaps an easier place for open discussion of design ideas
> > > and such.  Something I've seen the kafka community do (and perhaps
> > > others do too) is a Kafka Improvement Process (KIP) [1].  That is a
> > > pretty brilliant way to have an open discussion and to also enforce
> > > some degree of breadth of consideration.
> > >
> > > I'm by no means a confluence expert.  If anyone is interested in
> > > helping with content please advise.
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Joe

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Sean Busbey
Most projects start with the committer set and then expand to include any
contributor who asks for it.

Sean

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Joe Witt
I will go through and add all the folks in jira.
On Jun 1, 2015 10:51 AM, "Sean Busbey" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Most projects start with the committer set and then expand to include any
> contributor who asks for it.
>
> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:45 AM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Joe,
> >
> > It doesn't look like I can currently add pages.  Who are the "Space
> > Administrators"?  Should all the committers get some subset of the
> > available permissions[1]?
> >
> > Brandon
> >
> > [1]
> >
> https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONF34/Space+Permissions+Overview
> >
> > On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 12:41 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Absolutely.  It is a nice way to generate searchable content of all
> > kinds.

> ideas

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

> Sean

RE: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

johny casanova
IF you guys need help on how to implement or use confluence I will be glad to help do so.

> Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 12:41:34 -0400
> Subject: Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
>
> Absolutely.  It is a nice way to generate searchable content of all kinds.
> On May 31, 2015 10:27 AM, "Tony Kurc" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Do you think would this be a good spot to host some operations best
> > practices also?
> >
> > On Sun, May 31, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Team,
> > >
> > > INFRA has given us a wiki space now in apache confluence
> > >
> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI
> > >
> > > So this should be a good easy way to generate helpful content for
> > > folks and perhaps an easier place for open discussion of design ideas
> > > and such.  Something I've seen the kafka community do (and perhaps
> > > others do too) is a Kafka Improvement Process (KIP) [1].  That is a
> > > pretty brilliant way to have an open discussion and to also enforce
> > > some degree of breadth of consideration.
> > >
> > > I'm by no means a confluence expert.  If anyone is interested in
> > > helping with content please advise.
> > >
> > > [1]
> > >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Joe

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Joe Witt
All,

I've added perms for everyone we had listed thus far in Jira as PPMC
(excluding mentors) or a contributor.  Most folks do not have accounts
in Confluence so there were only a couple people I could include.  If
anyone else is interested and once they have made themselves an
account just let us know.

The following people can edit confluence now:
- Tony Kurc, Brandon DeVries, Jennifer Barnabee, Sean Busbey myself

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:15 PM, johny casanova <[hidden email]> wrote:

> IF you guys need help on how to implement or use confluence I will be glad to help do so.
>
>> Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 12:41:34 -0400
>> Subject: Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>>
>> Absolutely.  It is a nice way to generate searchable content of all kinds.
>> On May 31, 2015 10:27 AM, "Tony Kurc" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > Do you think would this be a good spot to host some operations best
>> > practices also?

>> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Jennifer Barnabee
I added a little structure and some pages to get folks started. I'll try to
do more later.
-Jenn

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> I've added perms for everyone we had listed thus far in Jira as PPMC
> (excluding mentors) or a contributor.  Most folks do not have accounts
> in Confluence so there were only a couple people I could include.  If
> anyone else is interested and once they have made themselves an
> account just let us know.
>
> The following people can edit confluence now:
> - Tony Kurc, Brandon DeVries, Jennifer Barnabee, Sean Busbey myself

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 4:15 PM, johny casanova <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > IF you guys need help on how to implement or use confluence I will be
> glad to help do so.
> >
> >> Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 12:41:34 -0400
> >> Subject: Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi
> >> From: [hidden email]
> >> To: [hidden email]
> >>
> >> Absolutely.  It is a nice way to generate searchable content of all
> kinds.

> ideas

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Bryan Bende
I just made a confluence account (bbende) and I'm interested in being able
to contribute to the wiki. Thanks.

-Bryan

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Joe Witt
You're all set Bryan.  Thanks!

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Bryan Bende <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just made a confluence account (bbende) and I'm interested in being able
> to contribute to the wiki. Thanks.
>
> -Bryan
>
> On Tuesday, June 2, 2015, Jennifer Barnabee <[hidden email]
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[hidden email]');>> wrote:
>
>> I added a little structure and some pages to get folks started. I'll try to
>> do more later.
>> -Jenn
>>
>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 10:35 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > All,
>> >
>> > I've added perms for everyone we had listed thus far in Jira as PPMC
>> > (excluding mentors) or a contributor.  Most folks do not have accounts
>> > in Confluence so there were only a couple people I could include.  If
>> > anyone else is interested and once they have made themselves an
>> > account just let us know.
>> >
>> > The following people can edit confluence now:
>> > - Tony Kurc, Brandon DeVries, Jennifer Barnabee, Sean Busbey myself
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Joe

>> > glad to help do so.

>> > kinds.

>> > ideas
>> enforce

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Joe Witt
Jenn - just saw what you started framing on confluence.  Thanks!
Looks good.  It's a little embarrassing we waited this long to put
this up.  Should make it way easier for folks to generate helpful
content for others.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You're all set Bryan.  Thanks!
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Bryan Bende <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just made a confluence account (bbende) and I'm interested in being able
>> to contribute to the wiki. Thanks.
>>
>> -Bryan
>>
>> On Tuesday, June 2, 2015, Jennifer Barnabee <[hidden email]
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[hidden email]');>> wrote:
>>
>>> I added a little structure and some pages to get folks started. I'll try to
>>> do more later.
>>> -Jenn

>>> enforce

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Dan Bress
I just made a confluence account (danbress)and I'm interested in being able
to contribute to the wiki. Thanks.

Dan Bress
Software Engineer
ONYX Consulting Services

Jenn - just saw what you started framing on confluence.  Thanks!
Looks good.  It's a little embarrassing we waited this long to put
this up.  Should make it way easier for folks to generate helpful
content for others.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:10 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You're all set Bryan.  Thanks!
>
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Bryan Bende <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just made a confluence account (bbende) and I'm interested in being able
>> to contribute to the wiki. Thanks.
>>
>> -Bryan
>>
>> On Tuesday, June 2, 2015, Jennifer Barnabee <[hidden email]
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','[hidden email]');>> wrote:
>>
>>> I added a little structure and some pages to get folks started. I'll try to
>>> do more later.
>>> -Jenn

>>> enforce

>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

>> Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Apache Confluence/Wiki Space for NiFi

Joe Witt
you're all set dan.  thanks

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Dan Bress <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just made a confluence account (danbress)and I'm interested in being able
> to contribute to the wiki. Thanks.
>
> Dan Bress
> Software Engineer
> ONYX Consulting Services

Is it an infra ticket to create groups for confluence? It sure would be
nice to have some groups, e.g. for contributors, committers and ppmc
members rather than just relying on site permissions. Especially if page
restrictions are ever used.