Apache NiFi MiNIFI C++ 0.6.0 RC1 Release Helper Guide

Apache NiFi MiNIFI C++ 0.6.0 RC1 Release Helper Guide

Marc Parisi
Hello Apache NiFi community,

Please find the associated guidance to help those interested in
validating/verifying the release so they can vote.

# Download latest KEYS file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/KEYS

# Import keys file:
gpg --import KEYS

# Pull down nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0 source release artifacts for review:

wget
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/nifi-minifi-cpp/0.6.0-rc2/nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz
wget
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/nifi-minifi-cpp/0.6.0-rc2/nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz.asc
wget
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/nifi-minifi-cpp/0.6.0-rc2/nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz.sha256
wget
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/nifi/nifi-minifi-cpp/0.6.0-rc2/nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz.sha512

# Verify the signature
gpg --verify nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz.asc

# Verify the hashes (sha256, sha512) match the source and what was provided
in the vote email thread
sha256sum nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz
sha512sum nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz

# Untar and gzip nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz
tar -xzf nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source.tar.gz

# Verify the build works including release audit tool (RAT) checks
cd nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source
mkdir build && cd build && cmake .. && make package make test && make linter

# Alternatively, you may run bootstrap.sh which is a menu guided
configuration to configure your system to build MiNiFi C++
cd nifi-minifi-cpp-0.6.0-source
./bootstrap.sh

# Verify the contents contain a good README, NOTICE, and LICENSE.

# Verify the git commit ID is correct

# Verify the RC was branched off the correct git commit ID

# Look at the resulting convenience binary as found in

# Make sure the README, NOTICE, and LICENSE are present and correct

# Run the resulting convenience binary and make sure it works as expected

# Send a response to the vote thread indicating a +1, 0, -1 based on your
findings.

Thank you for your time and effort to validate the release!

Re: Apache NiFi MiNIFI C++ 0.6.0 RC2 Release Helper Guide

Marc Parisi
The E-mail I sent moments ago has an incorrect subject line. This release
helper guide is for the second release candidate ( RC2), not RC1. I
apologize for the error.

Thanks,
Marc