Apache NiFi and support for Regex

idioma
Hi,
I have been using regex to match attributes in the flowfiles and from the documentation it looks like that Apache NiFi offers full support for Java syntax regex. Does it also support other 'flavors'?

Re: Apache NiFi and support for Regex

idioma
I guess that if you want to use Python or other flavors, you can actually right a script and running it from within ExecuteScript, is that a fair statement?

Re: Apache NiFi and support for Regex

Mark Payne
You could indeed write a script and run it within an ExecuteScript. However, that is going
to be far less efficient than simply using a Java Regular Expression. What is the reasoning
behind wanting to use a Python Regex as opposed to a Java Regex?

> On May 6, 2016, at 3:05 PM, idioma <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I guess that if you want to use Python or other flavors, you can actually
> right a script and running it from within ExecuteScript, is that a fair
> statement?

Re: Apache NiFi and support for Regex

idioma
Thanks Mark, appreciated. No reason really, I was just curious to know whether NiFi provides regex support towards syntaxes other than Java. Glad the use of ExecuteScript was actually a good idea for non Java regex.

Thanks,