Apache Rat and JSON files

Chris Herrera
Hi All,

I am working on a contribution, and as part of it, there is a json file. I cannot put comments in that json file and, as such, it does not pass the rat check. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?

Regards,
Chris

Re: Apache Rat and JSON files

Aldrin Piri
You can provide exclusions for files such as this in the pom.xml. Don't
have specific path handy as on mobile but some grep'ing of other .json file
names should show the way.
On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 14:03 Chris Herrera <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am working on a contribution, and as part of it, there is a json file. I
> cannot put comments in that json file and, as such, it does not pass the
> rat check. Has anyone dealt with this issue before?
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Re: Apache Rat and JSON files

Chris Herrera
I was just about to respond to myself, thanks Aldrin!

For anyone else searching just add this to the pom

<plugins>
    <plugin>
        <groupId>org.apache.rat</groupId>
        <artifactId>apache-rat-plugin</artifactId>
        <configuration>
            <excludes combine.children="append">
                <exclude>src/test/resources/*.json</exclude>
            </excludes>
        </configuration>
    </plugin>
</plugins>