Auto cleanup custom Controller Service properties?

Auto cleanup custom Controller Service properties?

Peter Wicks (pwicks)
I ran into a fairly rare situation. While working on a custom Controller Service I removed a previously present property from the code, and this specific Controller Service does not support Dynamic Properties.

Like a Processor, the property now shows up as a custom property at the bottom, but since the Controller Service is not flagged for Dynamic Properties, there is no way to remove it.

Is this a situation we should care about, in case we do remove a property from a controller service in the future and otherwise leave users with re-creating all affected controller services to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
  Peter

Re: Auto cleanup custom Controller Service properties?

Bryan Bende
I believe you should still be able to delete the property with a
delete icon next to it.

This should be the same behavior for processors when a property is
removed, regardless of dynamic properties.

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 11:01 AM Peter Wicks (pwicks) <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ran into a fairly rare situation. While working on a custom Controller Service I removed a previously present property from the code, and this specific Controller Service does not support Dynamic Properties.
>
> Like a Processor, the property now shows up as a custom property at the bottom, but since the Controller Service is not flagged for Dynamic Properties, there is no way to remove it.
>
> Is this a situation we should care about, in case we do remove a property from a controller service in the future and otherwise leave users with re-creating all affected controller services to resolve the issue?
>
> Thanks,
>   Peter

RE: [EXT] Re: Auto cleanup custom Controller Service properties?

Peter Wicks (pwicks)
Bryan,

That wasn't the behavior I was seeing, but then when I went and tested it again, that was the behavior I saw.... so never mind.

--Peter