Bulletin and related FlowFile

Toivo Adams
I am creating custom Reporting Task.
Reporting Task will read Bulletins.
But I am missing something obvious, bulletin does not have reference to FlowFile?
I mean Bulletin was generated during processing some FlowFile and I want to find FlowFile attributes.
Is this possible?

Thanks
Toivo

Re: Bulletin and related FlowFile

Andy LoPresto-2
Hi Toivo,

The bulletins do not contain a specific field identifying a flowfile because not every bulletin is caused by or directly related to an individual flowfile. Bulletins can be generated by processors, controller services, reporting tasks, etc. and may not be due to a flowfile error.

In the situations where the bulletin is caused by a flowfile exception, the flowfile uuid and resource claim are often included in the bulletin message, but you will have to parse the text to extract these in order to perform further processing/queries.

Most bulletins are generated automatically from exceptions being caught and logged via ComponentLog, which are then translated via the LogObserver implementations [1].