CRON schedule on the primary node

Ricky Saltzer
Hi guys -

I'm having some difficulty figuring out how I would execute one of my processors on a CRON schedule, and only on the primary node.

As a side discussion, do you think it would make more sense to separate the "On primary node" option from the schedule dropdown (e.g. move into node preference)? This way it could apply to either "Time driven' or "CRON driven"? This would also give us the opportunity to add additional node preference options (e.g. run on random node). The idea here would be to set the schedule as:

1. Pick "Timer driven" or "CRON driven" from the "Scheduling strategy" dropdown
2. Pick "On primary node" or "Random node" from the "Node preference" dropdown

Ricky

Re: CRON schedule on the primary node

Mark Payne
Ricky,

We just had someone else requesting the same thing a couple of days ago: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-401

There are reasons that we didn’t allow this originally, but those reasons are no long relevant, so this really should be done.