Careful, don't change processor package name.

Careful, don't change processor package name.

Toivo Adams
I refactored code and split several processors to different packages. I did not change processors names.
After restarting NiFi flow was otherwise as it was before but all processors lost configuration.
All properties values was “Sensitive value set”, be it normal non-sensitive or controller service property. Even set empty won’t work.

I edited manually flow.xml.gz and corrected package names in xml.
And all was good again.

So don’t change package names.

Thanks
Toivo

Re: Careful, don't change processor package name.

Mark Payne
Toivo,

When you change the class (or package) name of a Processor, you have effectively
removed the processor from your build and added a new one. At that point, NiFi will
create a "Ghost" processor to take its place because the Processor class no longer exists.
The properties are still retained, in case you add the processor back. But since NiFi
cannot find the Processor, it doesn't know whether the properties are sensitive or not.
As a result, it marks all properties as sensitive because it was determined that it is better
to share too little information than to share too much.

Perhaps it would make sense to allow some sort of 'toolkit' that could be used to update
the flow.xml.gz to change the package/class names of the processor??