Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Mark Bean
I built 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT from master. It does not display on Chrome (version
50.0.2661.94). The splash page comes up, but it goes no further. It
displays properly on Firefox (version 31.5.0). This was not a problem with
NiFi 1.1.2.

Is there a known minimum browser version for NiFi? Is there a particular
feature that was added to 1.1.2 which would have caused this behavior? And
can a fix be put in before a final 1.2.0 release?

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Bryan Rosander-3
Hi Mark,

To my knowledge there's no reason it shouldn't work in Chrome.  Have you
tried the "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" option to verify you don't have
outdated javascript, etc files cached?

Thanks,
Bryan

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I built 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT from master. It does not display on Chrome (version
> 50.0.2661.94). The splash page comes up, but it goes no further. It
> displays properly on Firefox (version 31.5.0). This was not a problem with
> NiFi 1.1.2.
>
> Is there a known minimum browser version for NiFi? Is there a particular
> feature that was added to 1.1.2 which would have caused this behavior? And
> can a fix be put in before a final 1.2.0 release?

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Matt Gilman
The official browser support is documented in the User Guide [1]. However,
it sounds like you might be hitting a Javascript error. As Bryan mentioned,
please verify there isn't anything cached. Once your good there, please
check out the Console in the Chrome Dev Tools.

[1]
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#browser-support

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Bryan Rosander <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> To my knowledge there's no reason it shouldn't work in Chrome.  Have you
> tried the "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" option to verify you don't have
> outdated javascript, etc files cached?
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan
>
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I built 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT from master. It does not display on Chrome
> (version
> > 50.0.2661.94). The splash page comes up, but it goes no further. It
> > displays properly on Firefox (version 31.5.0). This was not a problem
> with
> > NiFi 1.1.2.
> >
> > Is there a known minimum browser version for NiFi? Is there a particular
> > feature that was added to 1.1.2 which would have caused this behavior?
> And
> > can a fix be put in before a final 1.2.0 release?

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Mark Bean
I cleared all browsing data (history, cookies, cached images and files,
etc.), and refreshed. The Console shows:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined
 nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:15
  f.showDeepLink       @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:15
  c.init               @ nf-canfas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:42
  (anonymous function) @ nf-canfas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:73
  i                    @ jquery.min.js:2
  j.fireWith           @ jquery.min.js:2
  (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2
  i                    @ jquery.min.js:2
  j.fireWith           @ jquery.min.js:2
  A                    @ jquery.min.js:4
  (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:4

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The official browser support is documented in the User Guide [1]. However,
> it sounds like you might be hitting a Javascript error. As Bryan mentioned,
> please verify there isn't anything cached. Once your good there, please
> check out the Console in the Chrome Dev Tools.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt
>
> [1]
> https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.
> html#browser-support
>
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Bryan Rosander <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > To my knowledge there's no reason it shouldn't work in Chrome.  Have you
> > tried the "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" option to verify you don't have
> > outdated javascript, etc files cached?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bryan
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I built 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT from master. It does not display on Chrome
> > (version
> > > 50.0.2661.94). The splash page comes up, but it goes no further. It
> > > displays properly on Firefox (version 31.5.0). This was not a problem
> > with
> > > NiFi 1.1.2.
> > >
> > > Is there a known minimum browser version for NiFi? Is there a
> particular
> > > feature that was added to 1.1.2 which would have caused this behavior?
> > And
> > > can a fix be put in before a final 1.2.0 release?

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Mark Bean
For completeness, the error in the console prior to what I just posted
might also be relevant:

POST https://<SERVER>:<PORT>/nifi-api/access/kerberos  409 (Conflict)
 jquery.min.jsa:4
  send                 @ jquery.min.js:4
  r.extend.ajax        @ jquery.min.js:4
  (anonymous function) @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:47
  r.extend.Deferred    @ jquery.min.js:2
  p.init               @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:47
  (anonymous function) @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:73
  j                    @ jquery.min.js:2
  k                    @ jquery.min.js:2

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I cleared all browsing data (history, cookies, cached images and files,
> etc.), and refreshed. The Console shows:
>
> Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined
>  nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:15
>   f.showDeepLink       @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:15
>   c.init               @ nf-canfas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:42
>   (anonymous function) @ nf-canfas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:73
>   i                    @ jquery.min.js:2
>   j.fireWith           @ jquery.min.js:2
>   (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2
>   i                    @ jquery.min.js:2
>   j.fireWith           @ jquery.min.js:2
>   A                    @ jquery.min.js:4
>   (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:4
>

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> The official browser support is documented in the User Guide [1]. However,
>> it sounds like you might be hitting a Javascript error. As Bryan
>> mentioned,
>> please verify there isn't anything cached. Once your good there, please
>> check out the Console in the Chrome Dev Tools.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> [1]
>> https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#
>> browser-support
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM, Bryan Rosander <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Mark,
>> >
>> > To my knowledge there's no reason it shouldn't work in Chrome.  Have you
>> > tried the "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" option to verify you don't have
>> > outdated javascript, etc files cached?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Bryan

>> > (version
>> > with

>> particular
>> > And

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Matt Gilman
Thanks. I think we figured out the issue. We've reopened the ticket [1]
where this was introduced. Sorry for the inconvenience.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> For completeness, the error in the console prior to what I just posted
> might also be relevant:
>
> POST https://<SERVER>:<PORT>/nifi-api/access/kerberos  409 (Conflict)
>  jquery.min.jsa:4
>   send                 @ jquery.min.js:4
>   r.extend.ajax        @ jquery.min.js:4
>   (anonymous function) @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:47
>   r.extend.Deferred    @ jquery.min.js:2
>   p.init               @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:47
>   (anonymous function) @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:73
>   j                    @ jquery.min.js:2
>   k                    @ jquery.min.js:2
>

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I cleared all browsing data (history, cookies, cached images and files,
> > etc.), and refreshed. The Console shows:
> >
> > Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined
> >  nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:15
> >   f.showDeepLink       @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:15
> >   c.init               @ nf-canfas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:42
> >   (anonymous function) @ nf-canfas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:73
> >   i                    @ jquery.min.js:2
> >   j.fireWith           @ jquery.min.js:2
> >   (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2
> >   i                    @ jquery.min.js:2
> >   j.fireWith           @ jquery.min.js:2
> >   A                    @ jquery.min.js:4
> >   (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:4
> >

> > On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:31 AM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The official browser support is documented in the User Guide [1].
> However,
> >> it sounds like you might be hitting a Javascript error. As Bryan
> >> mentioned,
> >> please verify there isn't anything cached. Once your good there, please
> >> check out the Console in the Chrome Dev Tools.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Matt
> >>
> >> [1]
> >> https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#
> >> browser-support

> you
> have

> problem

> >> particular
> behavior?

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Matt Gilman
Mark,

A fix has been pushed to master. Let us know if you run into any other
issues.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks. I think we figured out the issue. We've reopened the ticket [1]
> where this was introduced. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>
> Matt

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> For completeness, the error in the console prior to what I just posted
>> might also be relevant:
>>
>> POST https://<SERVER>:<PORT>/nifi-api/access/kerberos  409 (Conflict)
>>  jquery.min.jsa:4
>>   send                 @ jquery.min.js:4
>>   r.extend.ajax        @ jquery.min.js:4
>>   (anonymous function) @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:47
>>   r.extend.Deferred    @ jquery.min.js:2
>>   p.init               @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:47
>>   (anonymous function) @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:73
>>   j                    @ jquery.min.js:2
>>   k                    @ jquery.min.js:2
>>

>> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > I cleared all browsing data (history, cookies, cached images and files,
>> > etc.), and refreshed. The Console shows:
>> >
>> > Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined
>> >  nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:15
>> >   f.showDeepLink       @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:15
>> >   c.init               @ nf-canfas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:42
>> >   (anonymous function) @ nf-canfas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:73
>> >   i                    @ jquery.min.js:2
>> >   j.fireWith           @ jquery.min.js:2
>> >   (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:2
>> >   i                    @ jquery.min.js:2
>> >   j.fireWith           @ jquery.min.js:2
>> >   A                    @ jquery.min.js:4
>> >   (anonymous function) @ jquery.min.js:4

>> However,

>> you
>> have

>> problem

>> behavior?

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Mark Bean
Thanks Matt.
We'll pull it down next week.

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Mark,
>
> A fix has been pushed to master. Let us know if you run into any other
> issues.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt
>
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thanks. I think we figured out the issue. We've reopened the ticket [1]
> > where this was introduced. Sorry for the inconvenience.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-3035
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> For completeness, the error in the console prior to what I just posted
> >> might also be relevant:
> >>
> >> POST https://<SERVER>:<PORT>/nifi-api/access/kerberos  409 (Conflict)
> >>  jquery.min.jsa:4
> >>   send                 @ jquery.min.js:4
> >>   r.extend.ajax        @ jquery.min.js:4
> >>   (anonymous function) @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:47
> >>   r.extend.Deferred    @ jquery.min.js:2
> >>   p.init               @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:47
> >>   (anonymous function) @ nf-canvas-all.js?1.2.0-SNAPSHOT:73
> >>   j                    @ jquery.min.js:2
> >>   k                    @ jquery.min.js:2

> files,

> [hidden email]>

> >> However,
> please

> [hidden email]

> Have
> >> you
> >> have

> It
> >> problem

> >> behavior?

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Mark Bean
Matt,

The latest 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT (commit 57ccf97c) still exhibits the same
behavior. On Chrome (version 50.0.2661.94), NiFi will not get beyond the
spinning circle splash screen. On Firefox (version 31.5.0), it renders
correctly.

Please re-open this ticket.

Thanks,
Mark

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Matt.
> We'll pull it down next week.
>
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Mark,
>>
>> A fix has been pushed to master. Let us know if you run into any other
>> issues.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 12:35 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks. I think we figured out the issue. We've reopened the ticket [1]
>> > where this was introduced. Sorry for the inconvenience.
>> >
>> > Matt
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-3035

>> files,

>> [hidden email]>

>> please

>> [hidden email]

>> Have

>> [hidden email]>

>> Chrome
>> further. It

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Matt Gilman
Please send any stack trace from the Console and please ensure you've
cleared your browser cache.

Thanks.

Matt

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> The latest 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT (commit 57ccf97c) still exhibits the same
> behavior. On Chrome (version 50.0.2661.94), NiFi will not get beyond the
> spinning circle splash screen. On Firefox (version 31.5.0), it renders
> correctly.
>
> Please re-open this ticket.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>

> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 3:19 PM, Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Matt.
> > We'll pull it down next week.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM, Matt Gilman <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Mark,
> >>
> >> A fix has been pushed to master. Let us know if you run into any other
> >> issues.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Matt

> [1]

> posted

> (Conflict)

> >> files,

> >> [hidden email]>

> >> please

> >> [hidden email]

> >> Have
> don't

> >> [hidden email]>

> >> Chrome
> >> further. It

Re: Chrome and 1.2.0 (SNAPSHOT)

Mark Bean
Last week, the 'clear the cache' trick didn't help, so I forgot to try.
This week (with the latest 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT changes), it helped. Good to go!

Thanks for the reminder.

-Mark

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 1:16 PM, Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Thanks,
> Bryan
>
> On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Mark Bean <
>
> [hidden email]>
>
> wrote:
>

> I built 1.2.0-SNAPSHOT from master. It does not display on
>
> Chrome
>
> (version
>
> 50.0.2661.94). The splash page comes up, but it goes no
>
> further. It
>
> displays properly on Firefox (version 31.5.0). This was not a
>
> problem
>
> with
>
> NiFi 1.1.2.
>
> Is there a known minimum browser version for NiFi? Is there a
>
> particular
>
> feature that was added to 1.1.2 which would have caused this
>
> behavior?
>
> And
>
> can a fix be put in before a final 1.2.0 release?

No worries. Our cache-busting techniques append the current version to
resource paths. So when those resources change across versions, the browser
see's them as different and reloads them. When those resource change within
the same version (1.2.0-SNAPSHOT) you'll need to instruct your browser to
reload them either through clearing the cache or possibly performing a hard
reload.