Closing stalled PRs

Andre
Team,

Would any of you oppose if I push a "white space" commit to close the
following stalled PRs

I propose closing the following PRs

#769 - not truly a PR
#595 - not truly a PR
#239 - licensing issues (Amazon license) prevent the code from being merged.

There are other commits that IMNSHO seem to been addressed by other commits
but at this stage I prefer leaving them as they are.

If you agree, the commit with the closure can be merged by committing the
following PR

https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/1054

Cheers

Re: Closing stalled PRs

Aldrin Piri
I am in favor of the first two.

As far as #239, I think there was a lot of good work and effort that went
into it and it just needs a license friendly home and/or optional build
process.  With some of the mentioned efforts that would allow us to to
externalize items from Apache directly such as the extension registry and
some of the things that have been done to provide vendor specific NiFi
bundles, could allow for this to find a home in some fashion.  To that end,
I would prefer to keep it around until we can find a way to capture the
effort in both the development and review processes.

As a side note to the approach, I would opt for a 'git commit --allow-empty
-m <message>' in lieu of making superficial changes.  This would allow you
to create your message without any noise beyond what is actually being
attempted.

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Andre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Team,
>
> Would any of you oppose if I push a "white space" commit to close the
> following stalled PRs
>
> I propose closing the following PRs
>
> #769 - not truly a PR
> #595 - not truly a PR
> #239 - licensing issues (Amazon license) prevent the code from being
> merged.
>
> There are other commits that IMNSHO seem to been addressed by other commits
> but at this stage I prefer leaving them as they are.
>
> If you agree, the commit with the closure can be merged by committing the
> following PR
>

> https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/1054
>

> Cheers

Re: Closing stalled PRs

Edgardo Vega
Couldn't this just a separate nar that is downloadable?

As a side note it would actually be pretty nice to download version of nifi
that is just standard nar bundle and then be able to download additional
nar bundles that as needed. If you're not using AWS, Azure, etc then you
wouldn't need all that extra stuff.

Cheers,

Edgardo

--
Cheers,

Edgardo

Re: Closing stalled PRs

Andre F de Miranda
Aldrin,

Sounds perfect. What about the other superseded ones?

Cheers

On 23 Sep 2016 22:24, "Aldrin Piri" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am in favor of the first two.
>
> As far as #239, I think there was a lot of good work and effort that went
> into it and it just needs a license friendly home and/or optional build
> process.  With some of the mentioned efforts that would allow us to to
> externalize items from Apache directly such as the extension registry and
> some of the things that have been done to provide vendor specific NiFi
> bundles, could allow for this to find a home in some fashion.  To that end,
> I would prefer to keep it around until we can find a way to capture the
> effort in both the development and review processes.
>
> As a side note to the approach, I would opt for a 'git commit --allow-empty
> -m <message>' in lieu of making superficial changes.  This would allow you
> to create your message without any noise beyond what is actually being
> attempted.
>
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 7:10 AM, Andre <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Team,
> >
> > Would any of you oppose if I push a "white space" commit to close the
> > following stalled PRs
> >
> > I propose closing the following PRs
> >
> > #769 - not truly a PR
> > #595 - not truly a PR
> > #239 - licensing issues (Amazon license) prevent the code from being
> > merged.
> >
> > There are other commits that IMNSHO seem to been addressed by other
> commits
> > but at this stage I prefer leaving them as they are.
> >
> > If you agree, the commit with the closure can be merged by committing the
> > following PR
> >

> > https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/1054
> >

> > Cheers

Re: Closing stalled PRs

Hi Edgardo,

It certainly could be, but is not something that can be provided through
Apache given the issues with the Amazon Software License being Category X
[1].

As far as your request, I believe what you are looking for is the mentioned
Extension Registry.  There has been some initial discussions and design
available on the Wiki [2].  Would encourage you to scope that out and
provide feedback if it is an area of interest.  Certainly would be nice
functionality to aid in managing distribution size and allow a lot of
flexibility for sharing with the greater community or even within
organizations.

Thanks!

--aldrin

[1] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-x