Command and Control Minifi - Documentation

Command and Control Minifi - Documentation

Abhinav Joshi
Hi Nifi Team

We want to make use of the Command and Control C2 mechanism to have a centralized control over the minifi agents. However I do not find any documentation on the net to start this . Can someone point to a link or provide some documentation on how to go about with getting the C2 mechanism working ?

Thanks

Abhi

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Contract and Commercial Law Act 2017.

Re: Command and Control Minifi - Documentation

Aldrin Piri
Hi Abhi,

There are a few components of the work that has gone around C2.  Part of
this is implemented with the C2 server which helps one aspect of instance
management through flow updates via a variety of providers outlined in its
docs [1].  These bits of functionality are fully formed and consumable now
and in use by a number of members of the community.  This is focused on the
issue of updating flows across a set of instances in a manner analogous to
the experience provided in NiFi.  Some of the key differences include the
notion of a more static design and deploy mechanism as well as the
introduction of an instance "class" which allows prescriptive deployments
for certain types of data collection and processing.  As an example, I may
have one class that deals with tailing log files on various application
servers and another class that acts as a bridge to forward data from a
legacy application that only transmits across raw socket.

Another aspect of C2 is the API described in the C2 Design Proposal [2].
The C++ work is leading the primary implementation of this with work being
done in parallel on the Java codebase to also support this functionality.
The C2 API dictates a set of actions that are to be handled by the agent
and the contract for each of those verbs.  There are several tickets
surrounding these efforts both in the MiNiFi Java [3] and C++ [4] that
would provide additional functionality and operations management.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi/blob/master/minifi-c2/README.md
[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MINIFI/C2+Design+Proposal#C2DesignProposal-Protocols
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI