Conceptual flow view.

Toivo Adams
Hi,

NiFi has one view for the designing flow and runtime.
I wonder is it possible to have separate design time view?
Which show simplified conceptual view.
Conceptual view is without runtime metric (In, Read/Write bytes, etc).
Such view has better readability and can be used to represent ideas to business side (people) also.

Thanks
toivo

Re: Conceptual flow view.

Joe Witt
Toivo

There are certainly a lot of opportunities to keep driving richer and
richer user experience.  Could you share maybe a concept diagram or a
more detailed writeup?  Would definitely like to dive further into
this idea.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 7:44 AM, Toivo Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> NiFi has one view for the designing flow and runtime.
> I wonder is it possible to have separate design time view?
> Which show simplified conceptual view.
> Conceptual view is without runtime metric (In, Read/Write bytes, etc).
> Such view has better readability and can be used to represent ideas to
> business side (people) also.
>
> Thanks
> toivo

Re: Conceptual flow view.

Toivo Adams
Hi Joe,

I used WebCrawler.xml template as example
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Example+Dataflow+Templates

First as it is

And conceptual view.

Conceptual view is simplified and more compact.
Goal is to leave out all details which are not necessary.
1. No runtime metric (In, Read/Write bytes, etc).
2. No processor class name.
3. Instead of class name longer (multiline if needed) description text is shown.
4. Relationships are without box, only relationship name is visible.

Thanks
toivo