Contributing to NiFi

rishabh.shetty
Hello, my name is Rishabh and I am building a custom NiFi processor. I would
like to make it Open source to everybody.

I was going through the NiFi contributor guide and I was wondering if it was
possible for me to get in touch with someone who could guide me through the
process.

Can I contribute an entire processor or can I only contribute to the
development of an existing processor?

It would be really helpful.

Regards,

Rishabh

Re: Contributing to NiFi

Brett Ryan
I am not a NiFi contributor myself, however; I have just started writing a plugin for publication.

My advice would be to use the NiFi developer guide [1] and publish on github under the apache 2 licence. Having done this and you think this is a plugin that could be beneficial for the NiFi user community then announce it here.

At least that's what I've done :)

  [1]: https://nifi.apache.org/developer-guide.html

> On 8 Jan 2018, at 18:04, <[hidden email]> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello, my name is Rishabh and I am building a custom NiFi processor. I would
> like to make it Open source to everybody.
>
> I was going through the NiFi contributor guide and I was wondering if it was
> possible for me to get in touch with someone who could guide me through the
> process.
>
> Can I contribute an entire processor or can I only contribute to the
> development of an existing processor?
>
> It would be really helpful.
>

> Regards,
>
> Rishabh

Re: Contributing to NiFi

Aldrin Piri
Hi Rishabh,

Entire processors are certainly welcomed.  I would suggest you open a JIRA
[1] with your proposed idea so that folks can provide some guidance on its
fit and/or considerations for its design and development and so that we
attempt to avoid any duplication of efforts.

The developer guide Brett highlighted is a good start to highlight some of
the common patterns and framework features.

Let us know if any additional questions arise throughout the process.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI