Custom processors/controller services without Maven

Custom processors/controller services without Maven

Arunkumar
Hi,

I am looking for ways to write custom processors and controller services
and generate NAR from eclipse without maven dependencies. Pls provide
pointers.

Thanks.

Re: Custom processors/controller services without Maven

Bryan Bende
Hello,

It would really be best to use Maven as NiFi's NAR Maven plugin will
ensure that you are building the proper structure and will make things
easy for you.

Otherwise it would be up to you to somehow create the appropriate NAR
structure (and if it ever changes you would have to update your
process).

A NAR is an archive with the following layout:

META-INF/
META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
META-INF/bundled-dependencies

The MANIFEST file contains metadata about the NAR, and the
bundled-dependencies directory contains all of the required JARs (your
JAR + all transitive dependencies).

You can take any NAR from NiFi and unzip it to see an example.

-Bryan

On Thu, Nov 15, 2018 at 4:54 PM Arun kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for ways to write custom processors and controller services
> and generate NAR from eclipse without maven dependencies. Pls provide
> pointers.
>
> Thanks.

Re: Custom processors/controller services without Maven

Milan Das
Trust me, you are bringing trouble. I am not sure if there is any user have done that.

You may practice the following and try building it the nar (zip on your own).
https://www.nifi.rocks/developing-a-custom-apache-nifi-processor-json/

Thanks,
Milan Das

On 11/15/18, 4:54 PM, "Arun kumar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi,

    I am looking for ways to write custom processors and controller services
    and generate NAR from eclipse without maven dependencies. Pls provide
    pointers.

    Thanks.

Re: Custom processors/controller services without Maven

Otto Fowler
I would recommend ( if you want to do this ) looking at the source code for
the nar maven plugin, since you will have to re-implement it some how.

On November 15, 2018 at 18:19:36, Milan Das ([hidden email]) wrote:

Trust me, you are bringing trouble. I am not sure if there is any user have
done that.

You may practice the following and try building it the nar (zip on your
own).
https://www.nifi.rocks/developing-a-custom-apache-nifi-processor-json/

Thanks,
Milan Das

On 11/15/18, 4:54 PM, "Arun kumar" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I am looking for ways to write custom processors and controller services
and generate NAR from eclipse without maven dependencies. Pls provide
pointers.

Thanks.

Re: Custom processors/controller services without Maven

Easiest route I think would be to borrow a bundle from the official code
base or a third party and import that as a skeleton into Eclipse. The Maven
support in 2018 is outstanding in IntelliJ, and can't imagine the case is
different with Eclipse. It's dead simple compared to try to work through
the build with some IDE-specific project system.

Mike