[DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 1.5.0 release candidate ready

[DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 1.5.0 release candidate ready

Joe Witt
Team,

Here is the current status of the tagged 1.5.0 JIRAs for NiFi [1]

Looks like even the outstanding items all have patches ready with
active reviews.  I just set fix version on the registry integration
since those are clearly nearing completion.

I'll plan to start the RC early next week so please advise if there is
anything glaring/outstanding that isn't accounted for.  This release
is loaded with a lot of goodness so this should be fun.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/12341668#release-report-tab-body

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 1.5.0 release candidate ready

Andrew Lim
I’ve been working on updating the documentation to include content related to registry integration [1].  I think the changes should be included in 1.5.0 (tagged the Jira accordingly) and expect to submit a PR soon.

-Drew

> On Jan 5, 2018, at 10:39 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Team,
>
> Here is the current status of the tagged 1.5.0 JIRAs for NiFi [1]
>
> Looks like even the outstanding items all have patches ready with
> active reviews.  I just set fix version on the registry integration
> since those are clearly nearing completion.
>
> I'll plan to start the RC early next week so please advise if there is
> anything glaring/outstanding that isn't accounted for.  This release
> is loaded with a lot of goodness so this should be fun.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/12341668#release-report-tab-body

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 1.5.0 release candidate ready

Joe Witt
cool.  will keep an eye out

On Jan 5, 2018 10:50 AM, "Andrew Lim" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’ve been working on updating the documentation to include content related
> to registry integration [1].  I think the changes should be included in
> 1.5.0 (tagged the Jira accordingly) and expect to submit a PR soon.

> -Drew
>
> > On Jan 5, 2018, at 10:39 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Team,
> >
> > Here is the current status of the tagged 1.5.0 JIRAs for NiFi [1]
> >
> > Looks like even the outstanding items all have patches ready with
> > active reviews.  I just set fix version on the registry integration
> > since those are clearly nearing completion.
> >
> > I'll plan to start the RC early next week so please advise if there is
> > anything glaring/outstanding that isn't accounted for.  This release
> > is loaded with a lot of goodness so this should be fun.
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/
> 12341668#release-report-tab-body
> >
> > Thanks
> > Joe

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 1.5.0 release candidate ready

Mike Thomsen
I have 3 PRs for new processors that have been partially or completely
reviewed that might be candidates:

FlattenJson: https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2307
DeleteHBaseRow: https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2294
RunMongoAggregation: https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2180

I think Matt is mostly done with the reviews for FlattenJson and
RunMongoAggregation, but I don't think anyone with commit rights has
reviewed DeleteHBaseRow.

Thanks,

Mike

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> cool.  will keep an eye out
>
> On Jan 5, 2018 10:50 AM, "Andrew Lim" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I’ve been working on updating the documentation to include content
> related
> > to registry integration [1].  I think the changes should be included in
> > 1.5.0 (tagged the Jira accordingly) and expect to submit a PR soon.
> >
> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4679
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Drew
> >
> > > On Jan 5, 2018, at 10:39 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Team,
> > >
> > > Here is the current status of the tagged 1.5.0 JIRAs for NiFi [1]
> > >
> > > Looks like even the outstanding items all have patches ready with
> > > active reviews.  I just set fix version on the registry integration
> > > since those are clearly nearing completion.
> > >
> > > I'll plan to start the RC early next week so please advise if there is
> > > anything glaring/outstanding that isn't accounted for.  This release
> > > is loaded with a lot of goodness so this should be fun.
> > >
> > > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/
> > 12341668#release-report-tab-body
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Joe

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 1.5.0 release candidate ready

Joe Witt
Mike,

Just looked at each and I'll comment on each in their PR but i'll
include any of these that are ready whenever the RC starts.

Thanks

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 1:09 PM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have 3 PRs for new processors that have been partially or completely
> reviewed that might be candidates:
>
> FlattenJson: https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2307
> DeleteHBaseRow: https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2294
> RunMongoAggregation: https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2180
>
> I think Matt is mostly done with the reviews for FlattenJson and
> RunMongoAggregation, but I don't think anyone with commit rights has
> reviewed DeleteHBaseRow.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 10:56 AM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> cool.  will keep an eye out
>>
>> On Jan 5, 2018 10:50 AM, "Andrew Lim" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> > I’ve been working on updating the documentation to include content
>> related
>> > to registry integration [1].  I think the changes should be included in
>> > 1.5.0 (tagged the Jira accordingly) and expect to submit a PR soon.
>> >
>> > [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4679
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > -Drew

>> > 12341668#release-report-tab-body

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi 1.5.0 release candidate ready

Joe Witt
Team

Lots of great progress and things appear stable.  Will review this NPE
fix for QueryRecord and then I plan to kick off the RC generation and
hopefully have it out tonight/early tomorrow for a vote.