[DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.3.0

Aldrin Piri
Hey folks,

We've had a fair amount of work and enhancements to the framework and
extensions and seemed like a logical place to offer up a new release.  Both
Execute Script and HTTP Site to Site seem to be nearing their merge into
master.  With a quick look through other open JIRAs it appears as some of
the newer tickets starting progress might be extended efforts.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or comments.  Otherwise, we can try
to generate an RC and vote in the next week.  I am happy to act as RM if no
one else is interested in doing so (likely have some docs I need to update
to capture the process a bit better).

--Aldrin

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.3.0

Marc Parisi
Aldrin,
  +1 to the idea of making a release.

  Happy to try my hand at RM duties.

  Can't promise I'll do well at it, but I can promise that when I screw up,
we'll all have a good laugh.

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:04 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> We've had a fair amount of work and enhancements to the framework and
> extensions and seemed like a logical place to offer up a new release.  Both
> Execute Script and HTTP Site to Site seem to be nearing their merge into
> master.  With a quick look through other open JIRAs it appears as some of
> the newer tickets starting progress might be extended efforts.
>
> Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or comments.  Otherwise, we can try
> to generate an RC and vote in the next week.  I am happy to act as RM if no
> one else is interested in doing so (likely have some docs I need to update
> to capture the process a bit better).
>

> --Aldrin

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.3.0

Jeremy Dyer
I agree it’s time. Marc beat me to RM duties this time but happy to offer up doing it next time

- Jeremy

> On Nov 3, 2017, at 11:13 AM, Kevin Doran <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I agree. There's been a lot of great commits to master recently and it would be great to have them in a new release version.
>
> Thanks!
> Kevin
>
> On 11/1/17, 15:05, "Aldrin Piri" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>    Hey folks,
>
>    We've had a fair amount of work and enhancements to the framework and
>    extensions and seemed like a logical place to offer up a new release.  Both
>    Execute Script and HTTP Site to Site seem to be nearing their merge into
>    master.  With a quick look through other open JIRAs it appears as some of
>    the newer tickets starting progress might be extended efforts.
>
>    Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or comments.  Otherwise, we can try
>    to generate an RC and vote in the next week.  I am happy to act as RM if no
>    one else is interested in doing so (likely have some docs I need to update
>    to capture the process a bit better).
>

>    --Aldrin

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.3.0

Marc Parisi
Everyone,
    I've been getting through some apache LDAP issues, hence the delay;
however, we do have three remaining issues --
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MINIFICPP/versions/12341640.

   One is still under development. We can move it, but that would mean we
can't compile in CENTOS 6. At this time my goal is to resolve the
blockers/criticals since they would alienate whole groups of users. I've
moved everything else from 0.3.0.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Marc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Aldrin,
>   +1 to the idea of making a release.
>
>   Happy to try my hand at RM duties.
>
>   Can't promise I'll do well at it, but I can promise that when I screw
> up, we'll all have a good laugh.
>

> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:04 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> We've had a fair amount of work and enhancements to the framework and
>> extensions and seemed like a logical place to offer up a new release.
>> Both
>> Execute Script and HTTP Site to Site seem to be nearing their merge into
>> master.  With a quick look through other open JIRAs it appears as some of
>> the newer tickets starting progress might be extended efforts.
>>
>> Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or comments.  Otherwise, we can try
>> to generate an RC and vote in the next week.  I am happy to act as RM if
>> no
>> one else is interested in doing so (likely have some docs I need to update
>> to capture the process a bit better).
>>

>> --Aldrin

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.3.0

Marc Parisi
Everyone,
  It looks as though the issues mentioned yesterday have been solved for
0.3.0. I apologize for being the long pole in addressing these issues in a
release that has seen some great work by a great group of contributors.

  A new ticket was created in response to an issue that helped expose
MINIFICPP-293 [0]. A fix for that ticket, MINIFICPP-308 [2], has been
submitted and is ready for review. I will try and go through the PR later
this evening or early tomorrow morning before a flight and merge it. That
will close out the release, unless anyone objects.

  I'm unavailable the next few days ( and will be in an isolated area
without internet) so the plan is to to tag and release Monday afternoon or
Tuesday morning, unless the release is needed sooner.

 Thanks,
 Marc
  [0]  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-293
  [1]  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-309
  [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-308

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 8:33 AM, Marc <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Everyone,
>     I've been getting through some apache LDAP issues, hence the delay;
> however, we do have three remaining issues --
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/MINIFICPP/versions/12341640.
>
>    One is still under development. We can move it, but that would mean we
> can't compile in CENTOS 6. At this time my goal is to resolve the
> blockers/criticals since they would alienate whole groups of users. I've
> moved everything else from 0.3.0.
>
> On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 7:39 PM, Marc <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Aldrin,
>>   +1 to the idea of making a release.
>>
>>   Happy to try my hand at RM duties.
>>
>>   Can't promise I'll do well at it, but I can promise that when I screw
>> up, we'll all have a good laugh.
>>

>> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:04 PM, Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey folks,
>>>
>>> We've had a fair amount of work and enhancements to the framework and
>>> extensions and seemed like a logical place to offer up a new release.
>>> Both
>>> Execute Script and HTTP Site to Site seem to be nearing their merge into
>>> master.  With a quick look through other open JIRAs it appears as some of
>>> the newer tickets starting progress might be extended efforts.
>>>
>>> Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or comments.  Otherwise, we can
>>> try
>>> to generate an RC and vote in the next week.  I am happy to act as RM if
>>> no
>>> one else is interested in doing so (likely have some docs I need to
>>> update
>>> to capture the process a bit better).
>>>

>>> --Aldrin

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.3.0

Aldrin Piri
Marc,

Thanks for the update and rounding up these last few issues.  The timeline
sounds good to me and appreciate you taking on the RM duties.  I have some
notes and such that should go for updating/crafting the release guide for
C++ land.  Things have changed a fair bit since our 0.2.0 release, but I'll
look to get those on a wiki as a starting point and we can iterate from
there.

--aldrin