[DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Marc Parisi
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to discuss releasing Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1 with some
important bug fixes. We've had a few issues that impact Windows users and
TLS with Raw Site To Site [1,2]. With these bugs addressed I think we
should look to releasing 0.6.1.

 I would like to scope this bug fix release to only critical and blocker
tickets found after 0.6.0. Let me know what you think or if you think
anything else should be included that is critical to user operations.

  My time is pretty fragmented but will try my best to take on RM duties
unless someone would like to try their hand at it.

   Thanks,
   Marc Parisi

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-933
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-919

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Arpad Boda-3
+1.

As this release seems to be a Windows-focused, I would also consider adding
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-786

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:53 PM Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
> I wanted to discuss releasing Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1 with some
> important bug fixes. We've had a few issues that impact Windows users and
> TLS with Raw Site To Site [1,2]. With these bugs addressed I think we
> should look to releasing 0.6.1.
>
>  I would like to scope this bug fix release to only critical and blocker
> tickets found after 0.6.0. Let me know what you think or if you think
> anything else should be included that is critical to user operations.
>
>   My time is pretty fragmented but will try my best to take on RM duties
> unless someone would like to try their hand at it.
>
>    Thanks,
>    Marc Parisi
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-933
> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-919

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Arpad Boda-2
Happy to take RM roles as well.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 10:30 AM Arpad Boda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1.
>

> As this release seems to be a Windows-focused, I would also consider
> adding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-786
>
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:53 PM Marc Parisi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Everyone,
>>
>> I wanted to discuss releasing Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1 with some
>> important bug fixes. We've had a few issues that impact Windows users and
>> TLS with Raw Site To Site [1,2]. With these bugs addressed I think we
>> should look to releasing 0.6.1.
>>
>>  I would like to scope this bug fix release to only critical and blocker
>> tickets found after 0.6.0. Let me know what you think or if you think
>> anything else should be included that is critical to user operations.
>>
>>   My time is pretty fragmented but will try my best to take on RM duties
>> unless someone would like to try their hand at it.
>>
>>    Thanks,
>>    Marc Parisi
>>
>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-933
>> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-919

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Jeremy Dyer
+1 it’s time and lots of feature bearing JIRAs have been resolved

I do agree with with Arpad however on the inclusion of MINIFICPP-786

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 5:37 PM Arpad Boda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Happy to take RM roles as well.
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 10:30 AM Arpad Boda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1.
> >

> > As this release seems to be a Windows-focused, I would also consider
> > adding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-786
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 11:53 PM Marc Parisi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Everyone,
> >>
> >> I wanted to discuss releasing Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1 with some
> >> important bug fixes. We've had a few issues that impact Windows users
> and
> >> TLS with Raw Site To Site [1,2]. With these bugs addressed I think we
> >> should look to releasing 0.6.1.
> >>
> >>  I would like to scope this bug fix release to only critical and blocker
> >> tickets found after 0.6.0. Let me know what you think or if you think
> >> anything else should be included that is critical to user operations.
> >>
> >>   My time is pretty fragmented but will try my best to take on RM duties
> >> unless someone would like to try their hand at it.
> >>
> >>    Thanks,
> >>    Marc Parisi
> >>
> >> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-933
> >> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-919

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Aldrin Piri
I think the intent is for this to be a fix release and wouldn’t include any new features.

> On Jun 26, 2019, at 17:47, Jeremy Dyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> +1 it’s time and lots of feature bearing JIRAs have been resolved
>
> I do agree with with Arpad however on the inclusion of MINIFICPP-786
>
>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 5:37 PM Arpad Boda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Happy to take RM roles as well.
>>
>>> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 10:30 AM Arpad Boda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1.
>>>

>>> As this release seems to be a Windows-focused, I would also consider
>>> adding https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-786

>> and

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Jeremy Dyer
Completely agree but isn’t MINIFICPP-786 an issue we could include as part
of that?

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 6:35 PM Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the intent is for this to be a fix release and wouldn’t include
> any new features.
>
> > On Jun 26, 2019, at 17:47, Jeremy Dyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > +1 it’s time and lots of feature bearing JIRAs have been resolved
> >
> > I do agree with with Arpad however on the inclusion of MINIFICPP-786
> >
> >> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 5:37 PM Arpad Boda <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Happy to take RM roles as well.

> >> and

> blocker

> duties

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Aldrin Piri
I agree with 786 for sure.  I apologize, I may have interpreted your
initial response a bit literally with regards to the "feature bearing"
JIRAs.  Just wanted to clarify that new features would not be in scope for
a fix version release, but in terms of adjusting the expected
functionality, totally onboard with that.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 8:47 AM Jeremy Dyer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Completely agree but isn’t MINIFICPP-786 an issue we could include as part
> of that?
>
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 6:35 PM Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I think the intent is for this to be a fix release and wouldn’t include
> > any new features.
> >
> > > On Jun 26, 2019, at 17:47, Jeremy Dyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > +1 it’s time and lots of feature bearing JIRAs have been resolved
> > >
> > > I do agree with with Arpad however on the inclusion of MINIFICPP-786

> users
> we

> > blocker
> think
> operations.

> > duties

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Arpad Boda-2
As a result of this vote MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1 is going to be released soon with
the following scope:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-786
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-933
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-919

I will do the RM duties.

Regards,
Arpad

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 3:00 PM Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree with 786 for sure.  I apologize, I may have interpreted your
> initial response a bit literally with regards to the "feature bearing"
> JIRAs.  Just wanted to clarify that new features would not be in scope for
> a fix version release, but in terms of adjusting the expected
> functionality, totally onboard with that.
>
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 8:47 AM Jeremy Dyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Completely agree but isn’t MINIFICPP-786 an issue we could include as
> part
> > of that?
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 6:35 PM Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I think the intent is for this to be a fix release and wouldn’t include
> > > any new features.

> consider

> some
> > users
> > we

> > > blocker
> > think
> > operations.

> > > duties

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Daniel Bakai
Hi,

I am working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-814,
and unfortunately https support in ListenHTTP seems to be broken since
https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi-cpp/pull/394 was merged, which
disabled SSL support in civetweb.
This unfortunately means that it is broken in 0.6.0 as well as on master.
I have verified this with the macOS binary release of 0.6.0.
I propose we discuss whether the fix for this (once, hopefully soon, ready)
be added to 0.6.1 as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-960

Best,
Daniel

On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 at 17:21, Arpad Boda <[hidden email]> wrote:

> As a result of this vote MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1 is going to be released soon with
> the following scope:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-786
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-933
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-919
>
> I will do the RM duties.
>
> Regards,
> Arpad
>
> On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 3:00 PM Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I agree with 786 for sure.  I apologize, I may have interpreted your
> > initial response a bit literally with regards to the "feature bearing"
> > JIRAs.  Just wanted to clarify that new features would not be in scope
> for
> > a fix version release, but in terms of adjusting the expected
> > functionality, totally onboard with that.
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 8:47 AM Jeremy Dyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Completely agree but isn’t MINIFICPP-786 an issue we could include as
> > part
> > > of that?

> include

> MINIFICPP-786

> > consider

> [hidden email]>

> > some
> > > users
> think
> > > we

> > > think
> > > operations.

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Marc Parisi
Good find! I'm +1 on adding that fix piggy backed on the aforementioned
test ticket. There are almost no tests on listen http and it has been a
risk for some time.

I'd like to avoid adding any fixes without those tests in 814 ( we'll end
up fixing in master and cherry picking). Happy to help as time allows but I
think this bug has been around long enough that we can suffer the time to
add those tests if we want it fixed in 0.6.1

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019, 12:24 PM Daniel Bakai <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-814,
> and unfortunately https support in ListenHTTP seems to be broken since
> https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi-cpp/pull/394 was merged, which
> disabled SSL support in civetweb.
> This unfortunately means that it is broken in 0.6.0 as well as on master.
> I have verified this with the macOS binary release of 0.6.0.
> I propose we discuss whether the fix for this (once, hopefully soon, ready)
> be added to 0.6.1 as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-960
>
> Best,
> Daniel
>
> On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 at 17:21, Arpad Boda <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > As a result of this vote MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1 is going to be released soon
> with
> > the following scope:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-786
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-933
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFICPP-919
> >
> > I will do the RM duties.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Arpad
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 3:00 PM Aldrin Piri <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I agree with 786 for sure.  I apologize, I may have interpreted your
> > > initial response a bit literally with regards to the "feature bearing"
> > > JIRAs.  Just wanted to clarify that new features would not be in scope
> > for
> > > a fix version release, but in terms of adjusting the expected
> > > functionality, totally onboard with that.

> > > part

> > include

> > MINIFICPP-786

> [hidden email]>

> > > consider

> > [hidden email]>

> with
> > > some
> Windows
> > think

> and
> you

> RM

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache NiFi MiNiFi C++ 0.6.1

Daniel Bakai
I agree, I would not be comfortable with releasing a fix until it is
properly
tested, because there might well be other issues.