[DISCUSS] Auto linking to ControllerService implementations from documentation

[DISCUSS] Auto linking to ControllerService implementations from documentation

Dan Bress
All,

   Let me know what you think about this:

   Currently if a Processor/ControllerService/Reporting task uses a ControllerService, the name of the interface for the controller service is displayed in the processor documentation.  See [1]

    I am playing around with the idea of using the ExtensionManager to find any ControllerServices that implement that interface, and linking to them.  I really like the idea of having these things linked together, but I'm not sure how much to display, and I think what I am doing right now is a little busy/overkill.  What do you think.  This is what my current idea is [2]

[1] http://danbress.github.io/generated-documentation/components-03232015/files/org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.GetHTTP/index.html

[2] http://danbress.github.io/generated-documentation/components-03232015/controller-service/org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.GetHTTP/index.html?

Dan Bress
Software Engineer
ONYX Consulting Services

Re: [DISCUSS] Auto linking to ControllerService implementations from documentation

Mark Payne
Dan,

+1 from me. Like it very much!