[DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

12

[DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Jeff
All,

On the dev and users lists there have been some questions about when the
next release of NiFi would be.  I would like perform RM duties, and get
things started on identifying what the community would like to include in
the release of NiFi 1.4.0 that has not already been reviewed and committed
to master.

There are 11 unresolved JIRAs tagged with a fix version of 1.4.0.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.4.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC

Are there any reasons to hold off on a 1.4.0 release?  Are there particular
JIRAs that the community considers necessary to have as part of the
release? Let's discuss!

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

James Wing
+1  It does seem to be about time to get a release out, and we should
certainly take advantage of your offer to performing RM duties.  Thank you
for that.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> On the dev and users lists there have been some questions about when the
> next release of NiFi would be.  I would like perform RM duties, and get
> things started on identifying what the community would like to include in
> the release of NiFi 1.4.0 that has not already been reviewed and committed
> to master.
>
> There are 11 unresolved JIRAs tagged with a fix version of 1.4.0.

> 3D%20NIFI%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%
> 20fixVersion%20%3D%201.4.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC
>
> Are there any reasons to hold off on a 1.4.0 release?  Are there particular
> JIRAs that the community considers necessary to have as part of the
> release? Let's discuss!
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Christopher Currie
In addition to this list, I'd like to request that
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-3950 also be added. I created a
PR for it, and I'm happy to work with a committer to clean it up for
project standards if needed.

Christopher
On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 6:44 AM James Wing <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1  It does seem to be about time to get a release out, and we should
> certainly take advantage of your offer to performing RM duties.  Thank you
> for that.
>
> On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > On the dev and users lists there have been some questions about when the
> > next release of NiFi would be.  I would like perform RM duties, and get
> > things started on identifying what the community would like to include in
> > the release of NiFi 1.4.0 that has not already been reviewed and
> committed
> > to master.
> >
> > There are 11 unresolved JIRAs tagged with a fix version of 1.4.0.

> > 3D%20NIFI%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%
> > 20fixVersion%20%3D%201.4.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC
> >
> > Are there any reasons to hold off on a 1.4.0 release?  Are there
> particular
> > JIRAs that the community considers necessary to have as part of the
> > release? Let's discuss!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jeff

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Wes Lawrence
I'd also like NIFI-4242 and NIFI-4181 added (or if it's OK, I can label
their fix versions for 1.4.0. I wasn't sure sure I could do that, or if
that should be left to PMC/Commiters)

NIFI-4242 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4242> has a patch
with feedback, and I'll be pushing a new patch addressing the feedback
later today.
NIFI-4181 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4181> has a patch
with feedback, and I'd like to address the feedback for 1.4.0 if possible.

--Wes

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Christopher Currie <[hidden email]
> wrote:

> In addition to this list, I'd like to request that
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-3950 also be added. I created a
> PR for it, and I'm happy to work with a committer to clean it up for
> project standards if needed.
>
> Christopher
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 6:44 AM James Wing <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > +1  It does seem to be about time to get a release out, and we should
> > certainly take advantage of your offer to performing RM duties.  Thank
> you
> > for that.
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > All,
> > >
> > > On the dev and users lists there have been some questions about when
> the
> > > next release of NiFi would be.  I would like perform RM duties, and get
> > > things started on identifying what the community would like to include
> in
> > > the release of NiFi 1.4.0 that has not already been reviewed and
> > committed
> > > to master.
> > >
> > > There are 11 unresolved JIRAs tagged with a fix version of 1.4.0.

> > > 3D%20NIFI%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%
> > > 20fixVersion%20%3D%201.4.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%
> 20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC
> > >
> > > Are there any reasons to hold off on a 1.4.0 release?  Are there
> > particular
> > > JIRAs that the community considers necessary to have as part of the
> > > release? Let's discuss!
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Jeff

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Brandon DeVries
+1, it seems like we're do for a release.  It's been a week, and a couple
of the mentioned tickets have shown progress... but a number haven't.  If
no one wants to get them wrapped up, can we put them off to 1.5?

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM Wes Lawrence <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'd also like NIFI-4242 and NIFI-4181 added (or if it's OK, I can label
> their fix versions for 1.4.0. I wasn't sure sure I could do that, or if
> that should be left to PMC/Commiters)
>
> NIFI-4242 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4242> has a patch
> with feedback, and I'll be pushing a new patch addressing the feedback
> later today.
> NIFI-4181 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4181> has a patch
> with feedback, and I'd like to address the feedback for 1.4.0 if possible.
>
> --Wes
>
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Christopher Currie <
>
> > In addition to this list, I'd like to request that
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-3950 also be added. I
> created a
> > PR for it, and I'm happy to work with a committer to clean it up for
> > project standards if needed.
> >
> > Christopher
> > On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 6:44 AM James Wing <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > +1  It does seem to be about time to get a release out, and we should
> > > certainly take advantage of your offer to performing RM duties.  Thank
> > you
> > > for that.

> > the
> get
> include
> > in
> > > committed

> > 20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC

> > > particular

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Russell Bateman-2
I don't know. Are we due for a release? Is time-since the significant
factor in a release cycle or is growing features part of it?

1.3.0 subsists with no bump of the third digit. This is an oddly stable
.0 product (though the third digit had somewhat different semantics in
NiFi 0.x). No bug fixes to 1.3.0 in its roughly 6-month history? That's
an achievement.

If there have been important features worked on and ready to go, by all
means, let's have 1.4.0. But if 1.4.0 is little more than 1.3.1, let's
rethink why we'd do that.

Russ

On 09/18/2017 12:08 PM, Brandon DeVries wrote:

> +1, it seems like we're do for a release.  It's been a week, and a couple
> of the mentioned tickets have shown progress... but a number haven't.  If
> no one wants to get them wrapped up, can we put them off to 1.5?
>
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM Wes Lawrence <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I'd also like NIFI-4242 and NIFI-4181 added (or if it's OK, I can label
>> their fix versions for 1.4.0. I wasn't sure sure I could do that, or if
>> that should be left to PMC/Commiters)
>>
>> NIFI-4242 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4242> has a patch
>> with feedback, and I'll be pushing a new patch addressing the feedback
>> later today.
>> NIFI-4181 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4181> has a patch
>> with feedback, and I'd like to address the feedback for 1.4.0 if possible.
>>
>> --Wes
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Christopher Currie <
>> [hidden email]
>>> wrote:
>>> In addition to this list, I'd like to request that
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-3950 also be added. I
>> created a
>>> PR for it, and I'm happy to work with a committer to clean it up for
>>> project standards if needed.
>>>
>>> Christopher

>>> you

>>> the
>> get
>> include
>>> in

>>> 20DESC%2C%20key%20DESC

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Brandon DeVries
There are significant changes in 1.4.0 that I am actively waiting on...

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:25 PM Russell Bateman <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I don't know. Are we due for a release? Is time-since the significant
> factor in a release cycle or is growing features part of it?
>
> 1.3.0 subsists with no bump of the third digit. This is an oddly stable
> .0 product (though the third digit had somewhat different semantics in
> NiFi 0.x). No bug fixes to 1.3.0 in its roughly 6-month history? That's
> an achievement.
>
> If there have been important features worked on and ready to go, by all
> means, let's have 1.4.0. But if 1.4.0 is little more than 1.3.1, let's
> rethink why we'd do that.
>
> Russ
>

> On 09/18/2017 12:08 PM, Brandon DeVries wrote:
> > +1, it seems like we're do for a release.  It's been a week, and a couple
> > of the mentioned tickets have shown progress... but a number haven't.  If
> > no one wants to get them wrapped up, can we put them off to 1.5?
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM Wes Lawrence <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I'd also like NIFI-4242 and NIFI-4181 added (or if it's OK, I can label
> >> their fix versions for 1.4.0. I wasn't sure sure I could do that, or if
> >> that should be left to PMC/Commiters)
> >>
> >> NIFI-4242 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4242> has a patch
> >> with feedback, and I'll be pushing a new patch addressing the feedback
> >> later today.
> >> NIFI-4181 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4181> has a patch
> >> with feedback, and I'd like to address the feedback for 1.4.0 if
> possible.
> >>
> >> --Wes
> >>
> >> On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Christopher Currie <
> >> [hidden email]
> >> created a

> >> get
> >> include

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Joe Witt
Definitely agree with Brandon that due for a 1.4.0 and it has some
really nice things in it....

Jeff Storck volunteered to RM.  Jeff you still good?  Anything I can help with?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are significant changes in 1.4.0 that I am actively waiting on...
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:25 PM Russell Bateman <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't know. Are we due for a release? Is time-since the significant
>> factor in a release cycle or is growing features part of it?
>>
>> 1.3.0 subsists with no bump of the third digit. This is an oddly stable
>> .0 product (though the third digit had somewhat different semantics in
>> NiFi 0.x). No bug fixes to 1.3.0 in its roughly 6-month history? That's
>> an achievement.
>>
>> If there have been important features worked on and ready to go, by all
>> means, let's have 1.4.0. But if 1.4.0 is little more than 1.3.1, let's
>> rethink why we'd do that.
>>
>> Russ
>>

>> On 09/18/2017 12:08 PM, Brandon DeVries wrote:
>> > +1, it seems like we're do for a release.  It's been a week, and a couple
>> > of the mentioned tickets have shown progress... but a number haven't.  If
>> > no one wants to get them wrapped up, can we put them off to 1.5?

>> possible.

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Jeff
Still good.  Was looking through tickets yesterday and today and while
review progress has been made on some PRs, it might be best to move JIRAs
tagged for 1.4.0 that have PRs and aren't on the cusp of being committed to
post 1.4.0.  Thoughts?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Definitely agree with Brandon that due for a 1.4.0 and it has some
> really nice things in it....
>
> Jeff Storck volunteered to RM.  Jeff you still good?  Anything I can help
> with?

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > There are significant changes in 1.4.0 that I am actively waiting on...
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:25 PM Russell Bateman <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I don't know. Are we due for a release? Is time-since the significant
> >> factor in a release cycle or is growing features part of it?
> >>
> >> 1.3.0 subsists with no bump of the third digit. This is an oddly stable
> >> .0 product (though the third digit had somewhat different semantics in
> >> NiFi 0.x). No bug fixes to 1.3.0 in its roughly 6-month history? That's
> >> an achievement.
> >>
> >> If there have been important features worked on and ready to go, by all
> >> means, let's have 1.4.0. But if 1.4.0 is little more than 1.3.1, let's
> >> rethink why we'd do that.
> >>
> >> Russ

> couple
> haven't.  If

> label
> if

> patch
> feedback
> patch
> >> possible.

> should
> Thank

> when
> and

> the

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Mark Bean
I agree with including only those which can be completed quickly in 1.4.0.
We are anxious for the next release to begin exercising some of the new
features. IMO it's time to get 1.4.0 out the door.

Thanks,
Mark

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Still good.  Was looking through tickets yesterday and today and while
> review progress has been made on some PRs, it might be best to move JIRAs
> tagged for 1.4.0 that have PRs and aren't on the cusp of being committed to
> post 1.4.0.  Thoughts?
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Definitely agree with Brandon that due for a 1.4.0 and it has some
> > really nice things in it....
> >
> > Jeff Storck volunteered to RM.  Jeff you still good?  Anything I can help
> > with?
> >

> > Thanks
> > Joe
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:28 PM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > There are significant changes in 1.4.0 that I am actively waiting on...

> stable
> That's

> all

> > couple
> > haven't.  If

> [hidden email]>

> > label
> or
> > if

> > patch
> > feedback
> > patch

> for

> > should
> > Thank

> > when
> > and

> 1.4.0.

> > the

Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Michael Hogue
All,

   There are a couple of issues with open PRs that i think would be
desirable to get into 1.4.0:

  - https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2163 - trivial one-liner in
ListenGRPC
  - https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/1985 - support TLS algorithm
selection via SSLContextService in HandleHTTPRequest

Thanks,
Mike

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:46 AM Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree with including only those which can be completed quickly in 1.4.0.
> We are anxious for the next release to begin exercising some of the new
> features. IMO it's time to get 1.4.0 out the door.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Still good.  Was looking through tickets yesterday and today and while
> > review progress has been made on some PRs, it might be best to move JIRAs
> > tagged for 1.4.0 that have PRs and aren't on the cusp of being committed
> > post 1.4.0.  Thoughts?
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Definitely agree with Brandon that due for a 1.4.0 and it has some
> > > really nice things in it....
> > >
> > > Jeff Storck volunteered to RM.  Jeff you still good?  Anything I can
> help
> > > with?
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > > Joe

> on...

> [hidden email]

> significant

> > stable
> in
> > That's

> > all
> let's

> > > couple
> > > haven't.  If

> > [hidden email]>

> > > label
> > or
> > > if

> > > patch
> > > feedback
> > > patch

> > for

> > > should
> > > Thank

> about
> > > when
> duties,
> > > and
> and

> > 1.4.0.

> there
> of
> > > the

RE: [EXT] Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Paul Gibeault (pagibeault)
We have submitted this JIRA ticket:

This issue causes GenerateTableFetch processor to malfunction after a server restart.

We are very interested in getting this released in 1.4.0 and are willing to provide the PR if there is still time.

Thanks,
Paul Gibeault

   There are a couple of issues with open PRs that i think would be desirable to get into 1.4.0:

  - https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2163 - trivial one-liner in ListenGRPC
  - https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/1985 - support TLS algorithm selection via SSLContextService in HandleHTTPRequest

Thanks,
Mike

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 10:46 AM Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I agree with including only those which can be completed quickly in 1.4.0.
> We are anxious for the next release to begin exercising some of the
> new features. IMO it's time to get 1.4.0 out the door.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark
>
> On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Still good.  Was looking through tickets yesterday and today and
> > while review progress has been made on some PRs, it might be best to
> > move JIRAs tagged for 1.4.0 that have PRs and aren't on the cusp of
> > being committed
> > post 1.4.0.  Thoughts?
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > > Definitely agree with Brandon that due for a 1.4.0 and it has some
> > > really nice things in it....
> > >
> > > Jeff Storck volunteered to RM.  Jeff you still good?  Anything I
> > > can
> help
> > > with?
> > >

> > > Thanks
> > > Joe

> on...

> [hidden email]

> significant

> > stable
> in
> > That's

> > all
> let's

> > > couple
> > > haven't.  If

> > [hidden email]>

> > > label
> > or
> > > if

> > > patch
> > > feedback
> > > patch

> > for

> > > should
> > > Thank

> about
> > > when
> duties,
> > > and
> and

> > 1.4.0.

> there
> of
> > > the

Re: [EXT] Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Koji Kawamura-2
Hi Paul,

I was able to reproduce the GenerateTableFetch processor issue
reported by NIFI-4395.
Please go ahead and provide a PR, I can review it.

Thanks,
Koji

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Paul Gibeault (pagibeault)
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We have submitted this JIRA ticket:
>
> This issue causes GenerateTableFetch processor to malfunction after a server restart.
>
> We are very interested in getting this released in 1.4.0 and are willing to provide the PR if there is still time.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Gibeault

I think we should plan on calling for a vote on Friday.  That gives two
days to wrap up any outstanding tickets that anyone feels really belong in
1.4.  At that point the remaining tickets can be shifted to a future
release.

If there are tickets that are not getting the attention they need to make
it into the release, let the list know.

Any objections?

Brandon

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:32 AM Koji Kawamura <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I was able to reproduce the GenerateTableFetch processor issue
> reported by NIFI-4395.
> Please go ahead and provide a PR, I can review it.
>
> Thanks,
> Koji
>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Paul Gibeault (pagibeault)
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > We have submitted this JIRA ticket:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4395
> >
> > This issue causes GenerateTableFetch processor to malfunction after a
> server restart.
> >
> > We are very interested in getting this released in 1.4.0 and are willing
> to provide the PR if there is still time.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Paul Gibeault

mayank rathi
Hello All,

How can we find out list of fixes that will go in 1.4.0 release?

Thanks!!

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> I think we should plan on calling for a vote on Friday.  That gives two
> days to wrap up any outstanding tickets that anyone feels really belong in
> 1.4.  At that point the remaining tickets can be shifted to a future
> release.
>
> If there are tickets that are not getting the attention they need to make
> it into the release, let the list know.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Brandon
>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:32 AM Koji Kawamura <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi Paul,
> >
> > I was able to reproduce the GenerateTableFetch processor issue
> > reported by NIFI-4395.
> > Please go ahead and provide a PR, I can review it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Koji
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Paul Gibeault (pagibeault)
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > > We have submitted this JIRA ticket:
> > > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4395
> > >
> > > This issue causes GenerateTableFetch processor to malfunction after a
> > server restart.
> > >
> > > We are very interested in getting this released in 1.4.0 and are
> willing
> > to provide the PR if there is still time.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Paul Gibeault

intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy
all copies of the original message.

Re: [EXT] Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?

Mark Payne
Mayank,

You can get the list of JIRA's that have been resolved, are in progress, and are open
at [1]. You can also get the JIRA-generated Release Notes at [2]. Typically when the
release is performed, a set of release notes is created that highlights the major improvements,
features, etc. that are added, but I don't know that this has been put together yet.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/12340589
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12340589

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

All,

I think we should plan on calling for a vote on Friday.  That gives two
days to wrap up any outstanding tickets that anyone feels really belong in
1.4.  At that point the remaining tickets can be shifted to a future
release.

If there are tickets that are not getting the attention they need to make
it into the release, let the list know.

Any objections?

Brandon

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:32 AM Koji Kawamura <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
wrote:

[...]

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 6:59 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

Still good.  Was looking through tickets yesterday and today and
while review progress has been made on some PRs, it might be best to
move JIRAs tagged for 1.4.0 that have PRs and aren't on the cusp of
being committed
post 1.4.0.  Thoughts?

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 2:50 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
wrote:

Definitely agree with Brandon that due for a 1.4.0 and it has some
really nice things in it....

Jeff Storck volunteered to RM.  Jeff you still good?  Anything I
can
help
with?

wrote:

+1  It does seem to be about time to get a release out,
+and we
should
certainly take advantage of your offer to performing RM
duties.
Thank
you
for that.

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>>
wrote:

[...]

Try this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.4.0%20ORDER%20BY%20status%20DESC

Brandon

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 9:57 AM mayank rathi <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> How can we find out list of fixes that will go in 1.4.0 release?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > All,
> >
> > I think we should plan on calling for a vote on Friday.  That gives two
> > days to wrap up any outstanding tickets that anyone feels really belong
> in
> > 1.4.  At that point the remaining tickets can be shifted to a future
> > release.
> >
> > If there are tickets that are not getting the attention they need to make
> > it into the release, let the list know.
> >
> > Any objections?
> >
> > Brandon
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:32 AM Koji Kawamura <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Paul,
> > >
> > > I was able to reproduce the GenerateTableFetch processor issue
> > > reported by NIFI-4395.
> > > Please go ahead and provide a PR, I can review it.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Koji

> > > server restart.

> > willing
> > > to provide the PR if there is still time.

Matt Burgess
I think the timeframe is reasonable, but am curious to see if the PMC would be able to validate and vote on the RC over the weekend. I think historically projects try to give at least one full weekday for folks to validate/vote in case their weekend is spent away from the computer :)

That being said, if the RC was issued with enough time on Friday, I should be able to do my validation and vote.

> On Sep 20, 2017, at 9:53 AM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> I think we should plan on calling for a vote on Friday.  That gives two
> days to wrap up any outstanding tickets that anyone feels really belong in
> 1.4.  At that point the remaining tickets can be shifted to a future
> release.
>
> If there are tickets that are not getting the attention they need to make
> it into the release, let the list know.
>
> Any objections?
>
> Brandon
>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:32 AM Koji Kawamura <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> I was able to reproduce the GenerateTableFetch processor issue
>> reported by NIFI-4395.
>> Please go ahead and provide a PR, I can review it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Koji
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Paul Gibeault (pagibeault)
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> We have submitted this JIRA ticket:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-4395
>>>
>>> This issue causes GenerateTableFetch processor to malfunction after a
>> server restart.
>>>
>>> We are very interested in getting this released in 1.4.0 and are willing
>> to provide the PR if there is still time.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Paul Gibeault

I am planning on going through tickets with PRs today that don't have any
progress on review and move them out of the 1.4.0 release.  For those that
do have review progress, if they're not close to being committed by say,
end of Thursday, they should be moved out so that I can create the release
candidate.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:27 AM Matt Burgess <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think the timeframe is reasonable, but am curious to see if the PMC
> would be able to validate and vote on the RC over the weekend. I think
> historically projects try to give at least one full weekday for folks to
> validate/vote in case their weekend is spent away from the computer :)
>
> That being said, if the RC was issued with enough time on Friday, I should
> be able to do my validation and vote.
>
> Regards,
> Matt
>

> > On Sep 20, 2017, at 9:53 AM, Brandon DeVries <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > I think we should plan on calling for a vote on Friday.  That gives two
> > days to wrap up any outstanding tickets that anyone feels really belong
> in
> > 1.4.  At that point the remaining tickets can be shifted to a future
> > release.
> >
> > If there are tickets that are not getting the attention they need to make
> > it into the release, let the list know.
> >
> > Any objections?
> >
> > Brandon
> >
> > On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 12:32 AM Koji Kawamura <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Paul,
> >>
> >> I was able to reproduce the GenerateTableFetch processor issue
> >> reported by NIFI-4395.
> >> Please go ahead and provide a PR, I can review it.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Koji

> >> server restart.

> willing
> >> to provide the PR if there is still time.

Mike Thomsen
Jeff,

I have two tickets that are near the end of their review process (lookup
services for HBase and Mongo). I should have plenty of time today and
tomorrow to address any feedback that can be provided toward getting them
ready to commit. Otherwise, they can wait for 1.5.0 because our clients are
fine with running a patched build of 1.4.0.

Thanks,

Mike

12