[DISCUSS] Closing in on a release of NiFi 1.8.0?

12

Re: [DISCUSS] Closing in on a release of NiFi 1.8.0?

Andrew Lim
I created a Jira to document the new load balancing functionality [1] and just submitted a PR for it [2].

I think it would be beneficial for users if it could be reviewed and included in the release.

[2] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3080

Thanks!

-Drew

> On Oct 16, 2018, at 11:13 AM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Since NIFI-5562 is an improvement JIRA, and we're cutting it very close to
> the release candidate, it may not make it into the release.  However, since
> Mark Payne is investigating some issues that may have been introduced in
> 1.8.0, I can delay creating RC1.
>
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 10:24 AM Mark Payne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Jeff / all,
>>
>> I ran into an issue with NIFI-375 and re-opened the ticket. If a processor
>> is stopped or started in a cluster,
>> the stats that come back in the response are incorrect because the
>> response is not being properly merged
>> from all nodes in the cluster.
>>
>> I also have run into a couple of other issues that appear to have been
>> introduced in 1.8. I have not yet created JIRA's
>> for them because I want to understand the issues better before trying to
>> write it up. I am seeing, for example, some errors
>> in the logs indicating that provenance events don't have a FlowFile UUID
>> assigned to them when being read from the
>> repository. This seems to have been introduced in 1.8 so would like to get
>> a resolution before releasing.
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Mark
>>

>>> On Oct 15, 2018, at 6:33 PM, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> NiFi Devs,
>>>
>>> The Release page [1] for 1.8.0 now reports that all issues are done!  I'd
>>> like to start the release candidate preparation tomorrow, around 1200
>> EST.
>>>
>>> Thanks to everyone for all the great work that's been done!  196 issues
>>> resolved in this version with some great new features!
>>>
>>> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/12343482

>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52766991/apache-nifi-deleteazureblobstorage-processor-is-throwing-an-error

Re: [DISCUSS] Closing in on a release of NiFi 1.8.0?

Nathan Gough
So, taking a closer look at this PR and doing some further testing I've found that upgrading Guava is going to require some more careful assessment, as the changes will affect core NiFi functionality around clustering. I will hold off on this change until after the release to have more time to upgrade and test.

Nathan

On 10/16/18, 10:58 AM, "Nathan Gough" <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hi Mike,

    Sure I can look at fixing up PR-2977 today.

    Nathan

    On 10/16/18, 6:13 AM, "Mike Thomsen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

        Does 5562 need to be addressed in 1.8?

        https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2977

        On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 6:33 PM Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
        > > there
        > > > are a
        > > (no

        > > > [hidden email]>*
        > 3C6E
        > > > F65B

        > > > [hidden email]>

        > > > through
        > > > close down
        > > > resolution

        > > > work

        > > > [hidden email]>

        > we
        > > > could
        > [1]
        > > > shows 3
        > > > tagged
        > > > NIFI-5585 are

        > > > necessary
        > > > goal of

        > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/12343482

Re: [DISCUSS] Closing in on a release of NiFi 1.8.0?

Jeff
A quick update on RC1 for NiFi 1.8.0.  There are some L&N issues that are
currently being worked, so I'd like to hold off on creating the RC until
they are resolved.  Sorry for the delay!

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:46 PM Nathan Gough <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
>         > > > > > > > > > > > > > release candidate out in the next couple
> of weeks?
>         > > > > > > > > > > > > >
>         > > > > > > > > > > > > > I'm happy to perform the release manager
> duties!
>         > > > > > > > > > > > > >
>         > > > > > > > > > > > > > [1]
>         > > > > > > > >
>         > https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NIFI/versions/12343482
>         > > > > > > > > > > > > >
>         > > > > > > > > > > > > >
>         > > > > > > > > > > > > >
>         > > > > > > > > > > >
>         > > > > > > > > > >
>         > > >
>         > >
>         >

Re: [DISCUSS] Closing in on a release of NiFi 1.8.0?

The L&N issues previously mentioned have been resolved, and I'm starting
the release prep for RC1 now.

12