[DISCUSS] NiFi 1.9.1 release to correct important defects

[DISCUSS] NiFi 1.9.1 release to correct important defects

Joe Witt
Team,

Today a community member reported [1] and it was promptly
debugged/fixed/merged.

Recently [2] was also found/fixed.

Both are pretty important and [1] warrants a maint release in my view.

I'll RM this but wanted to kick this thread off in case there are other
high value bug fixes that can be added into the support line we'll have for
1.9.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 1.9.1 release to correct important defects

Mike Thomsen
Joe,

Before we do this, can someone who knows more about Ignite review the SO
post I shared on dev about a week ago? I think that might be another
regression that needs to be resolved since it appears to break
PutIgniteCache.

(As stated in the post, I'll help out if someone who knows Ignite can help
with the NiFi setup)

Thanks,

Mike

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 11:50 AM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Team,
>
> Today a community member reported [1] and it was promptly
> debugged/fixed/merged.
>
> Recently [2] was also found/fixed.
>
> Both are pretty important and [1] warrants a maint release in my view.
>
> I'll RM this but wanted to kick this thread off in case there are other
> high value bug fixes that can be added into the support line we'll have for
> 1.9.

Re: [DISCUSS] NiFi 1.9.1 release to correct important defects

Joe Witt
Mike

These do not need to be related/conflated as they're not the same in terms
of importance to the user base.  Happy to see folks fix such a thing and if
it is ready great.  But the need to do a 1.9.1 release is for things which
could impact all users and core functionality.

Thanks