Error finding the JettyServer

Joey Echeverria
I just built the latest code in the develop branch using the post
NIFI-169 build process, and I'm getting this error in the log when
trying to run:

2014-12-18 08:49:40,108 ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to
launch NiFi due to java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer

Has anyone else hit this?

-Joey

Joey Echeverria

Re: Error finding the JettyServer

Joe Witt
Joey,

I've built on Linux (centos 6.6 with Java 7, centos 7 with Java 8), Mark on
Windows, Matt on OS X.

You're seeing this when trying to actually execute the bin/nifi.sh start ?

Can you list what is found in your lib dir?

Thanks
joe

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Joey Echeverria <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I just built the latest code in the develop branch using the post
> NIFI-169 build process, and I'm getting this error in the log when
> trying to run:
>
> 2014-12-18 08:49:40,108 ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to
> launch NiFi due to java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer
>
> Has anyone else hit this?
>
> -Joey

> Joey Echeverria

Re: Error finding the JettyServer

Joey Echeverria
Ugh, it was my fault.

I forgot to do a mvn clean in the assembly directory so I think it
ended up mixing old artifacts with new.

Thanks for the help!

-Joey

Joey Echeverria

Re: Error finding the JettyServer

Joe Witt
ah ok - great.  Hopefully you found the build process to be a lot
better...?

I know we need to find a nice way to deal with building the nar plugin too
but this just seems so much better already.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Joey Echeverria <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ugh, it was my fault.
>
> I forgot to do a mvn clean in the assembly directory so I think it
> ended up mixing old artifacts with new.
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> -Joey
>

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:11 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Joey,
> >
> > I've built on Linux (centos 6.6 with Java 7, centos 7 with Java 8), Mark
> on
> > Windows, Matt on OS X.
> >
> > You're seeing this when trying to actually execute the bin/nifi.sh start
> ?
> >
> > Can you list what is found in your lib dir?
> >
> > Thanks
> > joe
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Joey Echeverria <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I just built the latest code in the develop branch using the post
> >> NIFI-169 build process, and I'm getting this error in the log when
> >> trying to run:
> >>
> >> 2014-12-18 08:49:40,108 ERROR [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Failure to
> >> launch NiFi due to java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >> org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer
> >>
> >> Has anyone else hit this?
> >>
> >> -Joey
> >>
> >> --
> >> Joey Echeverria

> Joey Echeverria

Re: Error finding the JettyServer

Joey Echeverria
The build process was otherwise smooth and using -T C2.0 really sped things up.

-Joey

--
Joey Echeverria