Feature Requests: 1) Embedded FTP/SFTP server 2) Email-ingest-source

Feature Requests: 1) Embedded FTP/SFTP server 2) Email-ingest-source

manoj.seshan
We have several hundred content providers who PUSH CONTENT into our systems via FTP/SFTP. And then some where we grab the body and/or attachments of emails send to specific mailboxes as the source of content. It would augment and round out NiFi's ingest capabilities significantly if processors for these sources were added to the NiFi stable.

Regards

Manoj Seshan - Senior Architect
Platform Content Technology, Bangalore
Voice: +91-9686578756  +91-80-67492572

Re: Feature Requests: 1) Embedded FTP/SFTP server 2) Email-ingest-source

Joe Witt
Manoj,

Are you saying you'd like NiFi to be able to directly accept/act as an
SFTP/FTP server so that when data is pushed to a NiFi server the
administrators do not need to setup additional FTP/SFTP daemons on
those systems?  Such processors would be straightforward to develop
and contribute.  Are you interested in doing so?

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:22 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We have several hundred content providers who PUSH CONTENT into our systems via FTP/SFTP. And then some where we grab the body and/or attachments of emails send to specific mailboxes as the source of content. It would augment and round out NiFi's ingest capabilities significantly if processors for these sources were added to the NiFi stable.
>
> Regards
>
> Manoj Seshan - Senior Architect
> Platform Content Technology, Bangalore
> Voice: +91-9686578756  +91-80-67492572

Are you saying you'd like NiFi to be able to directly accept/act as an SFTP/FTP server so that when data is pushed to a NiFi server the administrators do not need to setup additional FTP/SFTP daemons on those systems?  Such processors would be straightforward to develop and contribute.  Are you interested in doing so?

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:22 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We have several hundred content providers who PUSH CONTENT into our systems via FTP/SFTP. And then some where we grab the body and/or attachments of emails send to specific mailboxes as the source of content. It would augment and round out NiFi's ingest capabilities significantly if processors for these sources were added to the NiFi stable.
>
> Regards
>
> Manoj Seshan - Senior Architect
> Platform Content Technology, Bangalore
> Voice: +91-9686578756  +91-80-67492572

Re: Feature Requests: 1) Embedded FTP/SFTP server 2) Email-ingest-source

Joe Witt
Manoj,

Sounds good and am on board.  Have been wanting to do those for a long
time frankly.  We do have a JIRA in for GetEmail and it will be quite
easy to do now that we have state management as a feature.  Although
are you on the email side more thinking that NiFi there would act as
an SMTP server?

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM,  <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes Joe - ListenFTP and ListenSFTP capabilities, embedded into NiFi. Rather than external daemons, followed by NiFi GetFTP and such. I'll get back to you on developing and contributing the same myself or from our team. Regards
>
> Manoj Seshan - Senior Architect
> Platform Content Technology, Bangalore

dahoffer
Just checking on the status of the ListenSFTP feature?  I'm looking at NiFi
for a new project and most of our data is obtained via SFTP server so would
need to listen for files.

Re: Feature Requests: 1) Embedded FTP/SFTP server 2) Email-ingest-source

Andy LoPresto-2
As of right now, I do not believe there is an open Jira for this feature. If you would like to request it, you can do so here [1].