GC overhead limit exceeded (1.3.0)

Phil H
Hi guys,

I got a backlog, noticed degraded performance, restarted NiFi, and now the
web UI won't start. I note that I am getting lots of out of memory errors
in the log.

Is there a way I can clear the backlog from outside the application
(deleting files, etc)?

TIA,
Phil

Re: GC overhead limit exceeded (1.3.0)

Joe Witt
phil

there is a prop in nifi.properties called autoresume.state

set that to false and restart

then you can start things until you find the problem.

thanks

On Tue, Jul 3, 2018, 8:31 PM Phil H <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I got a backlog, noticed degraded performance, restarted NiFi, and now the
> web UI won't start. I note that I am getting lots of out of memory errors
> in the log.
>
> Is there a way I can clear the backlog from outside the application
> (deleting files, etc)?
>
> TIA,
> Phil

Re: GC overhead limit exceeded (1.3.0)

Phil H
Thanks Joe

I ended up allocating more memory which got me out of this bind, but
obviously I won't always be able to do that!