Globally configure Backpressure count and size for all queues

Globally configure Backpressure count and size for all queues

tphan.dat
Dear all,

Inside the *nifi.properties* file, there exists two properties, which are
*nifi.queue.backpressure.count* and *nifi.queue.backpressure.size* for
setting up the default count and size when creating new queue.

However, it is certainly not applied to already created queues.

My question is: is it possible to configure default count and size
thresholds for all created queues when starting up NIFI?

Re: Globally configure Backpressure count and size for all queues

Koji Kawamura-2
Hello,

You can substitute back-pressure configurations saved in your
flow.xml.gz file before restarting NiFi.

# For example, use sed command. The command creates updated-flow.xml.gz
gunzip -c conf/flow.xml.gz |sed
's/<backPressureObjectThreshold>10000<\/backPressureObjectThreshold>/<backPressureObjectThreshold>3000000<\/backPressureObjectThreshold>/g'
| gzip > conf/updated-flow.xml.gz

# Then confirm the changes and replace the original
mv conf/flow.xml.gz conf/flow.xml.gz.org
mv conf/updated-flow.xml.gz conf/flow.xml.gz

Thanks,
Koji
On Wed, Nov 21, 2018 at 9:26 PM tphan.dat <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Inside the *nifi.properties* file, there exists two properties, which are
> *nifi.queue.backpressure.count* and *nifi.queue.backpressure.size* for
> setting up the default count and size when creating new queue.
>
> However, it is certainly not applied to already created queues.
>
> My question is: is it possible to configure default count and size
> thresholds for all created queues when starting up NIFI?

Re: Globally configure Backpressure count and size for all queues

tphan.dat
Hello,

Thanks for you answer. We are currently using exactly this method for
configuring the back pressure thresholds.
I was expecting to find more /standard/ way to do this. But it unfortunately
does not seem to exist such way.

Best
Dat