ISPEnrichIP test data?

Mike Thomsen
MaxMind's ISP database is only available under a commercial license. Did
someone work out a deal to get a copy for testing the process or something
like that? Asking because I am interested in adding a record-aware version
of the processor.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: ISPEnrichIP test data?

Mark Payne
Mike,

MaxMind provides 2 datasets. The GeoIP2 database is the commercially licensed dataset.
There also is a GeoLite2 database [1], which is free and available under the Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. It is not as accurate as the GeoIP2 database but
works well for testing, demos, etc. (as long as you provide attribution to MaxMind, as per the license).

[1] https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/

On Dec 19, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

MaxMind's ISP database is only available under a commercial license. Did
someone work out a deal to get a copy for testing the process or something
like that? Asking because I am interested in adding a record-aware version
of the processor.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: ISPEnrichIP test data?

Bryan Bende
Just wanted to mention that there is also IPLookupService which can be
used with LookupRecord.

Not sure if that saves you from needing to implement a record-aware
version of ISPEnrichIP.
On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:57 AM Mark Payne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> MaxMind provides 2 datasets. The GeoIP2 database is the commercially licensed dataset.
> There also is a GeoLite2 database [1], which is free and available under the Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. It is not as accurate as the GeoIP2 database but
> works well for testing, demos, etc. (as long as you provide attribution to MaxMind, as per the license).
>
> Thanks
> -Mark
>
> [1] https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/
>

> On Dec 19, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> MaxMind's ISP database is only available under a commercial license. Did
> someone work out a deal to get a copy for testing the process or something
> like that? Asking because I am interested in adding a record-aware version
> of the processor.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Re: ISPEnrichIP test data?

Mark,

I tried the GeoLite2 database with ISPEnrichIP, and it complained about
opening the database. I was using the City one, which I already had from
working on the record-aware version of GeoEnrichIP. What database should I
be using for testing out ISPEnrichIP?

Thanks,

Mike

On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:57 AM Mark Payne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> MaxMind provides 2 datasets. The GeoIP2 database is the commercially
> licensed dataset.
> There also is a GeoLite2 database [1], which is free and available under
> the Creative Commons
> Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. It is not as accurate as
> the GeoIP2 database but
> works well for testing, demos, etc. (as long as you provide attribution to
> MaxMind, as per the license).
>
> Thanks
> -Mark
>
> [1] https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/
>

> On Dec 19, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]<mailto:
> [hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> MaxMind's ISP database is only available under a commercial license. Did
> someone work out a deal to get a copy for testing the process or something
> like that? Asking because I am interested in adding a record-aware version
> of the processor.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Re: ISPEnrichIP test data?

Mark Payne
Hey Mike,

I think you may need the GeoLite2 ASN database, though I can't say for certain off the top of my head.

> On Dec 19, 2018, at 1:04 PM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Mark,
>
> I tried the GeoLite2 database with ISPEnrichIP, and it complained about
> opening the database. I was using the City one, which I already had from
> working on the record-aware version of GeoEnrichIP. What database should I
> be using for testing out ISPEnrichIP?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
>
> On Wed, Dec 19, 2018 at 10:57 AM Mark Payne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Mike,
>>
>> MaxMind provides 2 datasets. The GeoIP2 database is the commercially
>> licensed dataset.
>> There also is a GeoLite2 database [1], which is free and available under
>> the Creative Commons
>> Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. It is not as accurate as
>> the GeoIP2 database but
>> works well for testing, demos, etc. (as long as you provide attribution to
>> MaxMind, as per the license).
>>
>> Thanks
>> -Mark
>>
>> [1] https://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/geoip2/geolite2/
>>

>> On Dec 19, 2018, at 10:50 AM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]<mailto:
>> [hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> MaxMind's ISP database is only available under a commercial license. Did
>> someone work out a deal to get a copy for testing the process or something
>> like that? Asking because I am interested in adding a record-aware version
>> of the processor.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Mike

Re: ISPEnrichIP test data?

Mike Thomsen
Mark,

Appears to really be only the proprietary data set if this is true:

https://www.nifi.rocks/apache-nifi-processors-version-1.5.0/#ISPEnrichIP