Installation Instructions

Debra Marcin
I was looking through your user guide but couldn't find any installation instructions for Apache NiFi framework.  Can you help?

Debbie Marcin

Re: Installation Instructions

Brandon DeVries
Debbie,

There is some information in the NiFi System Administrator's Guide[1],
although the section is marked as being incomplete...

[1]
http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/administration-guide.html

Brandon

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 2:22 PM Debra Marcin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I was looking through your user guide but couldn't find any installation
> instructions for Apache NiFi framework.  Can you help?
>

> Debbie Marcin

Re: Installation Instructions

Whitaker, Russell
On Apr 22, 2015, at 11:19 AM, Debra Marcin <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

I was looking through your user guide but couldn't find any installation instructions for Apache NiFi framework.  Can you help?

Debbie Marcin

It’s not in the user guide, it’s in the admin guide:

http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/administration-guide.html

Russell Whitaker | Principal Engineer, Machine Learning

ulive – VIDEOS FOR THE WAY YOU LIVE
@OrthoNormalRuss

SCRIPPS NETWORKS INTERACTIVE | the Leader in Lifestyle Media | scrippsnetworks.com<http://scrippsnetworks.com>
HGTV | DIY Network | Food Network | Cooking Channel | Travel Channel | GAC | ulive

Re: Installation Instructions

Debra,

There is a process listed in the Development Quickstart [1] for running the
application.  Hopefully, this will get you started on your way.

We are working to clean the distinctions between what content is located in
which documentation, so hopefully this will be more clear in the near
future.

[1] https://nifi.incubator.apache.org/development/quickstart.html

On Apr 22, 2015, at 11:33 AM, Russell Whitaker <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

On Apr 22, 2015, at 11:19 AM, Debra Marcin <[hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:

I was looking through your user guide but couldn't find any installation instructions for Apache NiFi framework.  Can you help?

Debbie Marcin

It’s not in the user guide, it’s in the admin guide:

http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/administration-guide.html

Looking again at that page, it might also help to mention where to get the distributions:

http://nifi.incubator.apache.org/downloads/

Russell Whitaker | Principal Engineer, Machine Learning

ulive – VIDEOS FOR THE WAY YOU LIVE
@OrthoNormalRuss

SCRIPPS NETWORKS INTERACTIVE | the Leader in Lifestyle Media | scrippsnetworks.com<http://scrippsnetworks.com>
HGTV | DIY Network | Food Network | Cooking Channel | Travel Channel | GAC | ulive

Re: Installation Instructions

Jennifer Barnabee
The information on the web site is not up-to-date with the documentation that is included with the distribution. While in the UI, if you click the "help" link in the upper-right corner, you will see more complete documentation, including the Admin Guide, which is where the installation instructions are.

I think we wanted to improve the web site, and that got in the way of updating the docs on our current site.  Sorry about that. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.
-Jenn

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 22, 2015, at 2:19 PM, Debra Marcin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I was looking through your user guide but couldn't find any installation instructions for Apache NiFi framework.  Can you help?
>

> Debbie Marcin

Re: Installation Instructions

Jennifer Barnabee
Debbie,
I should have also said that once you download it and unzip it, you can
take a look at the README document. That should help as well.

Again - sorry that we did not have the installation instructions more
readily accessible.

Cheers,
Jenn