Java 11 is now ready

Mike Thomsen
For anyone interested in a breakdown:

https://www.infoq.com/news/2018/09/java11-released

As it is the first real LTS release post Java 8, we'll probably want to
start experimenting with it in the near future.

Re: Java 11 is now ready

Jeff
Hi Mike,

I've been working on NIFI-5174 [1], which has a few subtasks for getting
NiFi ready for Java 9+.  Now that Java 11 is out officially, I'll start
targeting that version.  For building on Java 9+, it's fairly close to
being done.  It's been an interesting experience moving past Java 8, so far!