Jetty Version

Ed B
I had to build nifi-standard-processors project, and the build was OK all the way until tests. Tests where failing with NoSuchMethodError for some of the Jetty classes.
I found out that Jetty version has been changed to newer one:

If I change it back to 9.4.3 - build runs successfully including tests.

Exception I'm getting with 9.4.11:
[INFO] Running org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL
[ERROR] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.006 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL
[ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL  Time elapsed: 0.005 s  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.<init>(Z)V
at org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL.beforeClass(TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL.java:42)

[ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL  Time elapsed: 0.006 s  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException

[INFO] Running org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL
[ERROR] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.001 s <<< FAILURE! - in org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL
[ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL  Time elapsed: 0.001 s  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.<init>(Z)V
at org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.createServer(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:93)
at org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.beforeClass(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:55)

[ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL  Time elapsed: 0.001 s  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.afterClass(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:66)

and others...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ed.

Re: Jetty Version

Joe Witt
have you tried rebuilding all of nifi?  and is this on master?

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018, 11:29 AM Ed B <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I had to build nifi-standard-processors project, and the build was OK all
> the way until tests. Tests where failing with NoSuchMethodError for some of
> the Jetty classes.
> I found out that Jetty version has been changed to newer one:
> [image: image.png]
>
> If I change it back to 9.4.3 - build runs successfully including tests.
>
> Exception I'm getting with 9.4.11:
> [INFO] Running org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL
> [ERROR] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> 0.006 s <<< FAILURE! - in
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL
> [ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL  Time
> elapsed: 0.005 s  <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.<init>(Z)V
> at
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL.beforeClass(TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL.java:42)
>
> [ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL  Time
> elapsed: 0.006 s  <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> [INFO] Running org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL
> [ERROR] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> 0.001 s <<< FAILURE! - in
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL
> [ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL  Time
> elapsed: 0.001 s  <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.<init>(Z)V
> at
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.createServer(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:93)
> at
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.beforeClass(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:55)
>
> [ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL  Time
> elapsed: 0.001 s  <<< ERROR!
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.afterClass(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:66)
>
> and others...
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Ed.

Re: Jetty Version

Ed B
switched to master, full build - success, standard-processors build -
success
switched back to my branch: full nifi build - success, standard-processors
build - success.
Cannot reproduce the issue anymore...
Glitch.

but to answer your question: I ran full nifi build (before applied changes
to test PR) with success. Then applied changes and tried to rebuild only
standard-processors, and got that error.

Joe, thank you anyway!

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 2:53 PM Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> have you tried rebuilding all of nifi?  and is this on master?
>
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2018, 11:29 AM Ed B <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I had to build nifi-standard-processors project, and the build was OK all
> > the way until tests. Tests where failing with NoSuchMethodError for some
> of
> > the Jetty classes.
> > I found out that Jetty version has been changed to newer one:
> > [image: image.png]
> >
> > If I change it back to 9.4.3 - build runs successfully including tests.
> >
> > Exception I'm getting with 9.4.11:
> > [INFO] Running
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL
> > [ERROR] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> > 0.006 s <<< FAILURE! - in
> > org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL
> > [ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL  Time
> > elapsed: 0.005 s  <<< ERROR!
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> > org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.<init>(Z)V
> > at
> >
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL.beforeClass(TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL.java:42)
> >
> > [ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpTwoWaySSL  Time
> > elapsed: 0.006 s  <<< ERROR!
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> >
> > [INFO] Running org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL
> > [ERROR] Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed:
> > 0.001 s <<< FAILURE! - in
> > org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL
> > [ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL  Time
> > elapsed: 0.001 s  <<< ERROR!
> > java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> > org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.<init>(Z)V
> > at
> >
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.createServer(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:93)
> > at
> >
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.beforeClass(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:55)
> >
> > [ERROR] org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL  Time
> > elapsed: 0.001 s  <<< ERROR!
> > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > at
> >
> org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.TestInvokeHttpSSL.afterClass(TestInvokeHttpSSL.java:66)
> >
> > and others...
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ed.

Re: Jetty Version

Andy LoPresto-2
Ed,

I believe that’s because the PR itself changed artifacts that nifi-standard-processors depend on, but you didn’t build those changes. Because the artifacts are 1.8.0-SNAPSHOT, once you built the artifacts using the new Jetty API, they are stored in your .m2 local repository. When you switched back to your branch, the snapshot artifacts don’t need to be rebuilt, as they are the latest.