Kubernetes

Robert R. Bruno
I wanted to check with the group to see if anyone has deployed NiFi to a
Kubernetes cluster.  If so, perhaps we could sync up on your lessons
learned.  I am about to start looking at this myself.  I am leaning towards
creating a NiFi Kubernetes Chart.  Figured worth checking here first before
starting.

Thanks,
Robert

Re: Kubernetes

john duggan
+1.

I haven't deployed NiFi into a Kubernetes cluster, but am planning some
time over the next week to setup a POC (Proof of Concept) environment. I'm
certainly interested if anybody else already has experience in this area.
Hopefully, I can share my experience over the next week or two.

Regards,
JpD.

On 12 November 2017 at 16:44, Robert R. Bruno <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I wanted to check with the group to see if anyone has deployed NiFi to a
> Kubernetes cluster.  If so, perhaps we could sync up on your lessons
> learned.  I am about to start looking at this myself.  I am leaning towards
> creating a NiFi Kubernetes Chart.  Figured worth checking here first before
> starting.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

Re: Kubernetes

Robert R. Bruno
I'll be sure to share my experiences as well.  I found using Rancher
greatly aided in setting up a Kubernetes cluster on bare metal if that is
the route you are going.

On Sun, Nov 12, 2017, 12:27 john duggan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> +1.
>
> I haven't deployed NiFi into a Kubernetes cluster, but am planning some
> time over the next week to setup a POC (Proof of Concept) environment. I'm
> certainly interested if anybody else already has experience in this area.
> Hopefully, I can share my experience over the next week or two.
>

> Regards,
> JpD.
>
> On 12 November 2017 at 16:44, Robert R. Bruno <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I wanted to check with the group to see if anyone has deployed NiFi to a
> > Kubernetes cluster.  If so, perhaps we could sync up on your lessons
> > learned.  I am about to start looking at this myself.  I am leaning
> towards
> > creating a NiFi Kubernetes Chart.  Figured worth checking here first
> before
> > starting.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Robert

Re: Kubernetes

mcgilly17
Hi @Robert - How did you get on with the Kubernetes deployment?

Re: Kubernetes

Robert R. Bruno
Things went really well.  I have a good first stab at a helm chart.  I have
high hopes of open sourcing my work sooner than later.  I'll be sure to say
something on here when I do.

Robert

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018, 07:05 mcgilly17 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi @Robert - How did you get on with the Kubernetes deployment?

Re: Kubernetes

elgalu
Hi Robert, any news on your NiFi heml chart? would be nice not having to
re-do this work.

This is all I found so far:
https://github.com/AlexsJones/kubernetes-nifi-cluster