Merge multiple xml files into one file

Bhasker gaddam
In my use case I want to merge multiple .xml files into single file by
using of Apache nifi.

My xml file are end with .gz format , could  you please help me to how to
implement merging xml files into single or some number (5 or 10) files.

Thanks,
Bhasker Gaddam

Re: Merge multiple xml files into one file

Koji Kawamura-2
Hi Bhasker,

MergeRecord processor can do the job.
If your XML files are compressed, you can use CompressContent with
'decompress' mode in front of MergeRecord.

Please refer this NiFi flow template as an example for MergeRecord
merging multiple XML files.
https://gist.github.com/ijokarumawak/eeaf519a7ceea476fa452f7aa2ee5671

Also, the additional detail for XMLRecordSetWriter can be helpful.
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-record-serialization-services-nar/1.8.0/org.apache.nifi.xml.XMLRecordSetWriter/additionalDetails.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Koji