MiNiFi & SSL Context

DAVID SMITH
Hi
I tried the Java version of MiNiFi yesterday and was very impressed, I do however have a question.
What is the best way to set up and SSL context in MiNiFi so that I can do HTTPS rather than HTTP?
Many thanksDave

Re: MiNiFi & SSL Context

Marc Parisi
Hello David,
   I'm making the assumption here that you are attempting to use an
SSLContextService within a consumable suck as InvokeHTTP:

   The configuration for MiNiFi Java will be very similar to that of NiFi.
The System guide [1] for MiNiFi references the NiFi System administration
guide's security configuration section [2]. As per the MiNIFi guide:
    "A StandardSSLContextService will be made automatically with the ID
"SSL-Context-Service" if "ssl protocol" is configured."

    Once these properties are defined you can use the
StandrdSSLContextService.

   Am I off base in my assumption? Are you attempting to do something else?
Please let me know if I can provide more details. Thanks!

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/minifi/system-admin-guide.html
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#
security-configuration

  Thanks,
  Marc

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 7:35 AM, DAVID SMITH <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi
> I tried the Java version of MiNiFi yesterday and was very impressed, I do
> however have a question.
> What is the best way to set up and SSL context in MiNiFi so that I can do
> HTTPS rather than HTTP?
> Many thanksDave

Re: MiNiFi & SSL Context

DAVID SMITH
Marc

Thanks for the reply, yes, I tried sending from MiNiFi to NiFi using a http post (using usename/password). In opetations I would need to use ssl, but I know in NiFi the sslcontext is setup in the UI and stored in the flow.xml.gz file. As I created my flow in NiFi and then templated it before transforming it to a yml file.
I just wondered how I would get the sslcontext set up in MiNiFi, or did I need to set it up in NiFi and again transfer it across.
I will follow the links you posted and give it a try.

Many thanks
Dave

Sent from Samsung tablet

To [hidden email],DAVID SMITH <[hidden email]>
Subject Re: MiNiFi & SSL Context