Quantcast

NIFI-2199 back? nifi.sh start hanging again in 1.2.0

NIFI-2199 back? nifi.sh start hanging again in 1.2.0

Joe Gresock
After upgrading our cluster to 1.2.0, the problem described in [1] appears
to be back.

On a 1.1.1 cluster, I can issue the following command, which exits ssh
appropriately with a return code of 0:
ssh stage-nifi1 "sudo service nifi start"

On 1.2.0, the same command correctly starts nifi, but the ssh command hangs
afterwards, and I have to Ctrl-C to continue using that terminal.

Has anyone else encountered this, before I create a ticket?

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do
all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: NIFI-2199 back? nifi.sh start hanging again in 1.2.0

Aldrin Piri
Hi Joe,

It does in fact appear to be an issue and I was able to reproduce.  Going
through git history, it looks like when this was initially solved via
NIFI-2199 [1] it introduced other, undesirable behavior with errors getting
lost as reported in NIFI-3112 [2].

3112 reverted the work of 2199 causing the behavior exhibited.

I will re-open both issues so that we can track this down and solve both
issues.

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Joe Gresock <[hidden email]> wrote:

> After upgrading our cluster to 1.2.0, the problem described in [1] appears
> to be back.
>
> On a 1.1.1 cluster, I can issue the following command, which exits ssh
> appropriately with a return code of 0:
> ssh stage-nifi1 "sudo service nifi start"
>
> On 1.2.0, the same command correctly starts nifi, but the ssh command hangs
> afterwards, and I have to Ctrl-C to continue using that terminal.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this, before I create a ticket?

> I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
> whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do
> all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: NIFI-2199 back? nifi.sh start hanging again in 1.2.0

Aldrin Piri
I think I have found a solution that satisfies both.   Going to do some
testing but seems promising for a straightforward fix.