NIFI-305 Feedback

Joe Gresock
Bumping this topic again, since I'd like to see this pull request merged if
possible: https://github.com/apache/incubator-nifi/pull/12

like BinFiles.  I think this also applies to the other abstract classes in
org.apache.nifi.processors.standard (e.g., PutFileTransfer), against which
I modeled the BinFiles class.

Here are Mark's questions again:

This one is really a discussion point that I’d like to bring up. I don’t
> know if we want to leave this new abstract class in the standard processors
> module. I can see this maybe moving up to the standard-services module,
> perhaps. But then should we be renaming it to nifi-standard-components-api
> instead of nifi-standard-services-api? This would give others the ability
> to easily use this processor for their own purposes. I wonder if we even
> need a new abstract class in between BinFiles and MergeContent that allows
> for the ability to merge the content using different Merge Formats (I.e.,
> you can extend it and just add a new Merge Format, beyond ZIP, TAR, and
> FlowFile Stream. Perhaps Avro or some proprietary format).

I'm wondering if we can get the NIFI-305 pull request approved, and then
open another JIRA ticket to refactor some of the abstract classes into
nifi-standard-components-api as Mark suggests.

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do
all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

RE: NIFI-305 Feedback

Mark Payne
Joe,
Sorry for the delay. I have on my TO-DO list for tomorrow to pull this in and give it a more thorough review & test, and then push it if all is good.
Thanks-Mark