Need help with Controller Service implementation

Need help with Controller Service implementation

Sivaprasanna Sethuraman
Team,

I'm working on a controller service implementation (NIFI-5621) and I have added new PropertyDescriptor to all the processors that would use this CS. This is the first time I'm writing a CS implementation so I went through the dev guide and implementation of other CS's across the NiFi project. The problem is, when I built the bundle and when I try to configure a processor with this new controller service, I'm getting "No controller service types found that are applicable for this property." I have attached the picture for reference. My code changes can be found at 7a31e122

I know I'm missing something but where I'm missing, is something I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.

-
Sivaprasanna

Re: Need help with Controller Service implementation

Matt Burgess
I’m not at my computer but I think your ControllerService file (for ServiceLoader) might need to be in META-INF/services instead of META-INF.services?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 21, 2018, at 1:56 PM, Sivaprasanna <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Team,
>
> I'm working on a controller service implementation (NIFI-5621) and I have added new PropertyDescriptor to all the processors that would use this CS. This is the first time I'm writing a CS implementation so I went through the dev guide and implementation of other CS's across the NiFi project. The problem is, when I built the bundle and when I try to configure a processor with this new controller service, I'm getting "No controller service types found that are applicable for this property." I have attached the picture for reference. My code changes can be found at 7a31e122
>
> I know I'm missing something but where I'm missing, is something I don't know. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> -
> Sivaprasanna

Re: Need help with Controller Service implementation

Mike Thomsen
What Matt said. META-INF.services might be how the IDE shows it (it does
that for docs in IntelliJ), but it is really META-INF/services on the disk.

On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 2:16 PM Matt Burgess <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I’m not at my computer but I think your ControllerService file (for
> ServiceLoader) might need to be in META-INF/services instead of
> META-INF.services?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 21, 2018, at 1:56 PM, Sivaprasanna <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Team,
> >
> > I'm working on a controller service implementation (NIFI-5621) and I
> have added new PropertyDescriptor to all the processors that would use this
> CS. This is the first time I'm writing a CS implementation so I went
> through the dev guide and implementation of other CS's across the NiFi
> project. The problem is, when I built the bundle and when I try to
> configure a processor with this new controller service, I'm getting "No
> controller service types found that are applicable for this property." I
> have attached the picture for reference. My code changes can be found at
> 7a31e122
> >
> > I know I'm missing something but where I'm missing, is something I don't
> know. Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > -
> > Sivaprasanna

Re: Need help with Controller Service implementation

Bryan Bende
Usually this is due to a missing NAR dependency somewhere,
double-check the dependencies between the processors NAR and service
API NAR, and between the service impl NAR and service API NAR.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Maven+Projects+for+Extensions#MavenProjectsforExtensions-LinkingProcessorsandControllerServices
On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 6:01 AM Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What Matt said. META-INF.services might be how the IDE shows it (it does
> that for docs in IntelliJ), but it is really META-INF/services on the disk.
>
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2018 at 2:16 PM Matt Burgess <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I’m not at my computer but I think your ControllerService file (for
> > ServiceLoader) might need to be in META-INF/services instead of
> > META-INF.services?
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > > On Oct 21, 2018, at 1:56 PM, Sivaprasanna <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Team,
> > >
> > > I'm working on a controller service implementation (NIFI-5621) and I
> > have added new PropertyDescriptor to all the processors that would use this
> > CS. This is the first time I'm writing a CS implementation so I went
> > through the dev guide and implementation of other CS's across the NiFi
> > project. The problem is, when I built the bundle and when I try to
> > configure a processor with this new controller service, I'm getting "No
> > controller service types found that are applicable for this property." I
> > have attached the picture for reference. My code changes can be found at
> > 7a31e122
> > >
> > > I know I'm missing something but where I'm missing, is something I don't
> > know. Any help would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > -
> > > Sivaprasanna

Re: Need help with Controller Service implementation

Sivaprasanna Sethuraman
Thanks Bryan, Mike, Matt. I had both the things wrong. Now I have fixed it.
Thanks once again. :)

-
Sivaprasanna