New Report Generator Processor

Toivo Adams
It would be very useful for generating different business reports.
Underlying report generator is Birt engine.
http://eclipse.org/birt/
Input:  data in XML
Parameter 1:  report design file name
Parameter 2: desired output format (PDF, Word doc, Excel. Html, etc)
Output:  report in desired format

TransformXml can be used as starting point.

Thanks
Toivo

Re: New Report Generator Processor

Mark Payne
Toivo,

I’d recommend you add a ticket to JIRA for this.

It looks like Birt is licensed under EPL v1.0. To the best of my knowledge, this is an acceptable license to use, but is in “Category B” in terms of Apache licenses, but we will need to explicitly call it out in our LICENSE file.

NIFI-321

Toivo Adams

Re: New Report Generator Processor

Toivo Adams
I'd like to start implementing this.
What is the right place for such processors?
BIRT runtime requires many dependent jar files.
Is this the right place for standard processors?

toivo

Re: New Report Generator Processor

Adam Taft
Birt should definitely be contained in its own nar.  I've worked with it
before, definitely has a dependency footprint that would justify being in
its own nar container.

Would recommend that you simply create a new nar bundle and put it
somewhere for the community to look at.  From there, we could decide on if
it should be integrated into the existing processors, or simply hosted
within the repository.

It's not a requirement that everything made for Apache NiFi is likewise
distributed exclusively through the Apache NiFi distribution.  You could
conceivably provide the source to your Birt nar from any external
repository (github, etc.).

Adam