Nifi Embedded Zookeeper Ports

Grant Johnson
In a firewall constrained environment is there a way to configure the Nifi
embedded zookeeper to use static ports when connecting to server ports on
other nodes?

I am using the default ports for the server instances 2181, 2888, etc and
am looking to statically define the ports used in connecting instead of
what appears to be randomized ports greater than 30k.

Nifi version 1.4.0
Java version 1.8.0-144

Thanks in advance

Re: Nifi Embedded Zookeeper Ports

Andy LoPresto-2
Grant,

I’m not sure if this is what you are looking for, but in ZooKeeper version 3.3.0 and above [1], you can set the client port in the ZK configuration file.

On Oct 30, 2017, at 1:50 PM, Grant Johnson <[hidden email]> wrote:

In a firewall constrained environment is there a way to configure the Nifi
embedded zookeeper to use static ports when connecting to server ports on
other nodes?

I am using the default ports for the server instances 2181, 2888, etc and
am looking to statically define the ports used in connecting instead of
what appears to be randomized ports greater than 30k.

Nifi version 1.4.0
Java version 1.8.0-144

Thanks in advance

Re: Nifi Embedded Zookeeper Ports

Grant Johnson
Andy,

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

If I understand it correctly, I think I’m asking about something slightly
different.  When I run a secure Nifi cluster in a more open firewall
environment the configuration works and using tcpdump it looks roughly like
this:
- fqdn1.37186 > fqdn2.2181
- fqdn1.46800 > fqdn2.2888
- fqdn1.33610 > fqdn2.3888
- fqdn2.46628 > fqdn1.3888
- fqdn1.52310 > fqdn2.11443

Since the > 30k ports change each start up and periodically during
operation, I’m trying to find a way to define them to be chosen in a
limited port range.  Nothing in the Zookeeper config params stuck out to me
as obvious for this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Grant