Nifi creating directories on start?

Arunkumar
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to understand why nifi is creating work, state, run directories
after we start (bin/nifi.sh start)?

Asking this question as we have a build system, which doesn't allow us to
create directories in runtime while deploying nifi. Are there any
workarounds or should we add permissions for the nifi directory for the
run-as-user of the environment or host? or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Arun

Re: Nifi creating directories on start?

Kevin Doran
Hi Arun,

Those are directories used by NiFi or its bootstrap service to store state. NiFi creates several directories and files on disk to save state while running, so it is expected the run-as-user has write access to the NiFi home directory and its sub-directories.

Hope this helps,
Kevin