Occasional freezing of the processor

Paresh Shah-3
Nifi Version: 1.3
#nodes: 4
Using embedded zookeeper.

I have a custom processor which underneath runs a Jetty Server and is used for receiving external push notifications. The processor is scheduled to run every 1 sec and will pull the data from the queue where the Jetty layer queues it.

Problem:
We are seeing that occasionally the processor appears to be not running i.e not processing any data, though there is data to be processed. The processor is in the running state. The Jetty server internally is still receiving new requests and queuing them. There are no OutOfMemory errors or Exceptions. The processor just freezes.

The Processor’s in the rest of the pipeline continue to run. Also the CPU utilization is only 5-10%.

Temporary Workaround:
We have had to stop and start this processor to have the processor start processing again.

Thanks
Paresh

Re: Occasional freezing of the processor

Mohammed Nadeem
Hello Paresh,

I have a question and I'm trying to understand here, You are running your
processor on primary node?

Regards,
Nadeem