Oracle ODBCConnectionPool driver

Mark Bean
What driver is required to connect to an Oracle database using the
DBCPConnectionPool Controller Service? Will the same driver work for both
11g and 12c databases?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Oracle ODBCConnectionPool driver

Mike Thomsen
If you get the latest drive from Oracle, it should work with both. They
tend to be pretty good on backward compatibility as far as I know.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:06 PM Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> What driver is required to connect to an Oracle database using the
> DBCPConnectionPool Controller Service? Will the same driver work for both
> 11g and 12c databases?
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

Re: Oracle ODBCConnectionPool driver

Mark Bean
Thanks Mike. Is the driver available as a stand-alone download? Or is it only included in the DB software, maybe the Instant Client?

> On Oct 17, 2018, at 5:43 AM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> If you get the latest drive from Oracle, it should work with both. They
> tend to be pretty good on backward compatibility as far as I know.
>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:06 PM Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> What driver is required to connect to an Oracle database using the
>> DBCPConnectionPool Controller Service? Will the same driver work for both
>> 11g and 12c databases?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mark

Re: Oracle ODBCConnectionPool driver

Mike Thomsen
You can download it from Oracle's site, but it re

On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 7:31 AM Mark Bean <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks Mike. Is the driver available as a stand-alone download? Or is it
> only included in the DB software, maybe the Instant Client?
>

> > On Oct 17, 2018, at 5:43 AM, Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > If you get the latest drive from Oracle, it should work with both. They
> > tend to be pretty good on backward compatibility as far as I know.
> >
> >> On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:06 PM Mark Bean <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> What driver is required to connect to an Oracle database using the
> >> DBCPConnectionPool Controller Service? Will the same driver work for
> both
> >> 11g and 12c databases?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Mark

Re: Oracle ODBCConnectionPool driver

Mike Thomsen
Ugh, fat-fingered that. It requires you to have an Oracle account to
download. It's free, but you can't just grab it without registering.