Overwriting attribute in GetMongo

Rajesh Biswas
Hello NiFi Team,

We are using ListenHTTP processor to read HTTP input from client and we have
PutMongo processor after that.

We have seen the attributes we are getting from ListenHTTP is overwritten
when we call GetMongo collection.

Would you please suggest how to preserve existing request attributes and add
the document attributes feteched thru GetMongo processor.

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 |  <http://www.bridgera.com/>
www.bridgera.com

---

Re: Overwriting attribute in GetMongo

Mike Thomsen
Where does GetMongo sit relative to the connected ListenHTTP and PutMongo
processors? That's the critical part that's missing here in helping you.

Thanks,

Mike

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 9:20 AM Rajesh Biswas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello NiFi Team,
>
> We are using ListenHTTP processor to read HTTP input from client and we
> have
> PutMongo processor after that.
>
> We have seen the attributes we are getting from ListenHTTP is overwritten
> when we call GetMongo collection.
>
> Would you please suggest how to preserve existing request attributes and
> add
> the document attributes feteched thru GetMongo processor.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 |  <http://www.bridgera.com/>
> www.bridgera.com
>

> ---

RE: Overwriting attribute in GetMongo

Rajesh Biswas

Please find the flow,

Below is the configuration for ListenHTTP processor

Below is the configuration for PutMongo processor

Thanks and Regards,

Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

wrote:

> Hello NiFi Team,

> We are using ListenHTTP processor to read HTTP input from client and we

> have

> PutMongo processor after that.

> We have seen the attributes we are getting from ListenHTTP is overwritten

> when we call GetMongo collection.

> Would you please suggest how to preserve existing request attributes and

> add

> the document attributes feteched thru GetMongo processor.

> Thanks and Regards,

> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 |  <http://www.bridgera.com/>

> www.bridgera.com

> ---

Re: Overwriting attribute in GetMongo

Sivaprasanna Sethuraman
Rajesh, I don’t think the images were uploaded properly. If possible,
please export the flow as a template and attach it here.

-
Sivaprasanna

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 7:31 PM, Rajesh Biswas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Please find the flow,
>

> Below is the configuration for ListenHTTP processor
>

> Below is the configuration for PutMongo processor
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

Hello Shiva,

Please find 3 images attached

1. NifI Flow
2.Configuration for ListenHTTP Processor
3.Configuration for PutMongo Processor

wrote:

> Please find the flow,
>

> Below is the configuration for ListenHTTP processor
>

> Below is the configuration for PutMongo processor
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

Didn't make it that time either. Please just describe the relationship.

Thanks,

Mike

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:36 AM Rajesh Biswas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Shiva,
>
> Please find 3 images attached
>
> 1. NifI Flow
> 2.Configuration for ListenHTTP Processor
> 3.Configuration for PutMongo Processor
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

Hello Mike,
Sorry to miss it again, let me attach a Doc file

NiFi_Query.docx (798K) Download Attachment

Re: Overwriting attribute in GetMongo

Mike Thomsen
Ok. So it's actually ListenHTTP -> GetMongo, not straight to PutMongo.
That'll require a Jira ticket. I'll write one up. I'll do it as an optional
parameter.

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:43 AM Rajesh Biswas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Mike,
> Sorry to miss it again, let me attach a Doc file
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

Rajesh,

Please review and add clarification if that doesn't meet the needs of your
use case.

Thanks,

Mike

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:46 AM Mike Thomsen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Ok. So it's actually ListenHTTP -> GetMongo, not straight to PutMongo.
> That'll require a Jira ticket. I'll write one up. I'll do it as an optional
> parameter.
>
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:43 AM Rajesh Biswas <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Mike,
>> Sorry to miss it again, let me attach a Doc file
>>

>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

So as of now it cannot be done?
Is there any other way to achieve the same result.
If you will have JIRA ticket, when we can expect the fix?

wrote:

> Hello Mike,
> Sorry to miss it again, let me attach a Doc file
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

Looks like it was already done in NIFI-5334. That is part of the current
work in progress and will be available whenever 1.8 is released.

Thanks,

Mike

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 10:49 AM Rajesh Biswas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Mike,
> So as of now it cannot be done?
> Is there any other way to achieve the same result.
> If you will have JIRA ticket, when we can expect the fix?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

Would you please suggest which Java file we need to add below code
outgoingFlowFile = (input == null) ? session.create() : session.create(input);

We will update the code and use for our project, this will not block our delivery.

Thank you very much for your support and cooperation.

wrote:

> Hello Mike,
> So as of now it cannot be done?
> Is there any other way to achieve the same result.
> If you will have JIRA ticket, when we can expect the fix?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

We fixed the issue by altering the code suggested by Mark in the JIRA

Added below line in GetMongo.java file's 301 line

flowFile = (input == null) ? session.create() : session.create(input);

After that we checked the functionality and we are able to union the attributes from other processors with GetMongo processor.

Please let us know if the solution is correct.

wrote:

> Hello Mike,
> So as of now it cannot be done?
> Is there any other way to achieve the same result.
> If you will have JIRA ticket, when we can expect the fix?
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Rajesh Biswas | +91 9886433461 | www.bridgera.com

That should be enough for this particular case.