Pooling connection factory for JMSConnectionFactoryProvider

Pooling connection factory for JMSConnectionFactoryProvider

Chad Zobrisky
Hello,

I ran into a case of many connections from a nifi instance to an ActiveMQ
hub and thought about pooled/cached connecitons.  I haven't seen any
discussion of adding either a new service for pooled/cached connections or
adding it to the current JMSConnectionFactoryProvider, via either
ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory or Springs CachingConnectionFactory, for
reuse of connections, producers and sessions between processors.

I would like to work on this and was hoping to get suggestions about how to
best approach it.

Thanks,
Chad

Re: Pooling connection factory for JMSConnectionFactoryProvider

Oleg Zhurakousky
Actually it is using caching connection factory (see AbstractJMSProcessor):

private volatile CachingConnectionFactory cachingConnectionFactory;

Can you please provide more details what you are doing and what/where you are seeing this?

Cheers
Oleg

Chad

Re: Pooling connection factory for JMSConnectionFactoryProvider

Chad Zobrisky
Oleg,

I see that now.  I was thinking at the service level for the caching
factory to allow more reuse, but am unsure if that would even be a good
idea.

Chad

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 12:18 PM Oleg Zhurakousky <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually it is using caching connection factory (see AbstractJMSProcessor):
>
> private volatile CachingConnectionFactory cachingConnectionFactory;
>
> Can you please provide more details what you are doing and what/where you
> are seeing this?
>
> Cheers
> Oleg
>
> On Aug 16, 2016, at 12:10 PM, Chad Zobrisky <[hidden email]<mailto:
> [hidden email]>> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I ran into a case of many connections from a nifi instance to an ActiveMQ
> hub and thought about pooled/cached connecitons.  I haven't seen any
> discussion of adding either a new service for pooled/cached connections or
> adding it to the current JMSConnectionFactoryProvider, via either
> ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory or Springs CachingConnectionFactory, for
> reuse of connections, producers and sessions between processors.
>
> I would like to work on this and was hoping to get suggestions about how to
> best approach it.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

Re: Pooling connection factory for JMSConnectionFactoryProvider

Oleg Zhurakousky
Would you mind raising a JIRA as an improvement request and provide all the details and we can switch discussion there. I definitely do not want to ignore user feedback and experience, so let's discuss it there.

Cheers
Oleg

> On Aug 16, 2016, at 13:14, Chad Zobrisky <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Oleg,
>
> I see that now.  I was thinking at the service level for the caching
> factory to allow more reuse, but am unsure if that would even be a good
> idea.
>
> Chad
>
> On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 12:18 PM Oleg Zhurakousky <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Actually it is using caching connection factory (see AbstractJMSProcessor):
>>
>> private volatile CachingConnectionFactory cachingConnectionFactory;
>>
>> Can you please provide more details what you are doing and what/where you
>> are seeing this?
>>
>> Cheers
>> Oleg
>>
>> On Aug 16, 2016, at 12:10 PM, Chad Zobrisky <[hidden email]<mailto:
>> [hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I ran into a case of many connections from a nifi instance to an ActiveMQ
>> hub and thought about pooled/cached connecitons.  I haven't seen any
>> discussion of adding either a new service for pooled/cached connections or
>> adding it to the current JMSConnectionFactoryProvider, via either
>> ActiveMQ's PooledConnectionFactory or Springs CachingConnectionFactory, for
>> reuse of connections, producers and sessions between processors.
>>
>> I would like to work on this and was hoping to get suggestions about how to
>> best approach it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chad

Re: Pooling connection factory for JMSConnectionFactoryProvider

Chad Zobrisky
I created a JIRA ticket as an improvement request for the discussion to
move there.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-2700?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20

Thank you,
Chad