Problems running Minifi with an SSL Context

Problems running Minifi with an SSL Context

DAVID SMITH
Hi
In my work dev environment I have a VM that is running NiFi v1.3, I am using this to create a flow template for a Minifi (v0.2.0 Java ) instance (initially on the same VM).
My flow has a listenHttp which I am listening on port 11111 using an sslContext which I have set up in NiFi, I zip the file and then use a postHttp to post the file to another NiFi (on a second VM) on port 4726 also using the same sslContext.
In Nifi everything is fine and my flow works, I have taken a template of the flow, and used the Minifi toolkit to create the config.yml. I have edited the yaml file to ensure the keystore variables are set in the controller service section.
When I start Minifi I get the following error message:
[error] o.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController Unable to start ListenHTTP [id=1234.....] due to java.lang.IllegalStateException: Processor ListenHttp is not in a valid state due to [ 'SSL Context Service' validated against '968df5a-dfd5-39ad-0000-00000000000' is invalid because StandardSSLContextService - 0.2.0 from org.apache.nifi.minifi - minifi-ssl-context-service-nar is not compatible with SSLContextService - unversioned from default - system]
Can anyone give me a pointer as to what may be wrong here please?
Many thanksDave

Re: Problems running Minifi with an SSL Context

Aldrin Piri
Hi David,

Sorry for your troubles, this is a bug I am addressing in MINIFI-408 [1].
I am finishing up some testing and refactoring but hope to have a PR up in
the next couple hours.  There are some additional details on the ticket.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-408

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:20 AM, DAVID SMITH <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi
> In my work dev environment I have a VM that is running NiFi v1.3, I am
> using this to create a flow template for a Minifi (v0.2.0 Java ) instance
> (initially on the same VM).
> My flow has a listenHttp which I am listening on port 11111 using an
> sslContext which I have set up in NiFi, I zip the file and then use a
> postHttp to post the file to another NiFi (on a second VM) on port 4726
> also using the same sslContext.
> In Nifi everything is fine and my flow works, I have taken a template of
> the flow, and used the Minifi toolkit to create the config.yml. I have
> edited the yaml file to ensure the keystore variables are set in the
> controller service section.
> When I start Minifi I get the following error message:
> [error] o.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController Unable to start
> ListenHTTP [id=1234.....] due to java.lang.IllegalStateException:
> Processor ListenHttp is not in a valid state due to [ 'SSL Context Service'
> validated against '968df5a-dfd5-39ad-0000-00000000000' is invalid because
> StandardSSLContextService - 0.2.0 from org.apache.nifi.minifi -
> minifi-ssl-context-service-nar is not compatible with SSLContextService -
> unversioned from default - system]
> Can anyone give me a pointer as to what may be wrong here please?
> Many thanksDave

Re: Problems running Minifi with an SSL Context

DAVID SMITH
Hi Aldrin

Thanks for the prompt reply, I saw the PR, will it be a patch that will be issued or will it be a minor version change?
Do you an idea when the solution will be available to download?

Many thanks
Dave

Sent from Samsung tablet

Many thanksDave

Re: Problems running Minifi with an SSL Context

Aldrin Piri
Hi Dave,

We are due for a release. I'll start a separate thread to get that
conversation going.  There have been a number of new components added so,
from that point, would make a good candidate for an 0.3.0.