Processor Repo

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Processor Repo

Adam Estrada
All,

This may be a bit premature, but has anyone set up a repo of
community-developed processors yet?

Cheers,
Adam
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Processor Repo

Rob Weiss
That would be awesome and save serious dev time. BTW.... anyone have a
python processor?

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Adam Estrada <[hidden email]> wrote:

> All,
>
> This may be a bit premature, but has anyone set up a repo of
> community-developed processors yet?
>
> Cheers,
> Adam
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Processor Repo

Mark Payne
Adam, Rob,

Thanks for you interest. This is very much something that we want to do.

Unfortunately, this is something that can quickly get very tricky.
Because a NiFi Archive (NAR) will have a dependency on a specific
version of the NiFi API and can potentially depend on other NARs, we
have to be very careful about how we handle versioning.

It's far from trivial - but we will get there :) And we'd be more than
happy to have you guys submit any code or ideas that you have!

Thanks
-Mark




------ Original Message ------
From: "Rob Weiss" <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Cc: [hidden email]
Sent: 4/28/2015 10:09:04 AM
Subject: Re: Processor Repo

>That would be awesome and save serious dev time. BTW.... anyone have a
>python processor?
>
>On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Adam Estrada <[hidden email]>
>wrote:
>
>>  All,
>>
>>  This may be a bit premature, but has anyone set up a repo of
>>  community-developed processors yet?
>>
>>  Cheers,
>>  Adam
>>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Processor Repo

estrada.adam
Thanks Mark! I suppose the easiest way to get started on this would be to
have folks submit patches to the project Jira site [1]. I see that you're
already knocking out issues all over the place in there! You could also
create a link on project home page called "Processor Repo" or something
like that. Move and compile the patches to the working code base when you
generate a release and BEWM!!!, you have community generated processors
that work with the current version of the software. I see that there are
already two categories in Jira for Examples and Extensions. This could
expand on either one of these quite easily...

Cheers,
Adam

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI/

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:55 AM, Mark Payne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adam, Rob,
>
> Thanks for you interest. This is very much something that we want to do.
>
> Unfortunately, this is something that can quickly get very tricky. Because
> a NiFi Archive (NAR) will have a dependency on a specific version of the
> NiFi API and can potentially depend on other NARs, we have to be very
> careful about how we handle versioning.
>
> It's far from trivial - but we will get there :) And we'd be more than
> happy to have you guys submit any code or ideas that you have!
>
> Thanks
> -Mark
>
>
>
>
>
> ------ Original Message ------
> From: "Rob Weiss" <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Sent: 4/28/2015 10:09:04 AM
> Subject: Re: Processor Repo
>
>  That would be awesome and save serious dev time. BTW.... anyone have a
>> python processor?
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Adam Estrada <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>   All,
>>>
>>>  This may be a bit premature, but has anyone set up a repo of
>>>  community-developed processors yet?
>>>
>>>  Cheers,
>>>  Adam
>>>
>>>