Processor forwards/backwards compatibility

Processor forwards/backwards compatibility

James Srinivasan
I've read https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Version+Scheme+and+API+Compatibility
but I'm still not quite clear:

I develop my own custom Processor against NiFi v. 1.y.0

Should that processor work with older NiFi releases 1.x.0 (x<y)?

Should that processor work with newer NiFi releases 1.z.0 (y<z)?

Thanks

James

Re: Processor forwards/backwards compatibility

Mark Payne
Hi James,

The processor may or may not work with older versions of NiFi (1.x.0). But should work with
newer versions of NiFi (1.z.0). That's because there may be a feature of the nifi-api that you use
in 1.y.0 and we can guarantee that will not be removed in 1.z.0 but it did not exist in 1.x.0.

> On Nov 16, 2018, at 2:35 PM, James Srinivasan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I've read https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Version+Scheme+and+API+Compatibility
> but I'm still not quite clear:
>
> I develop my own custom Processor against NiFi v. 1.y.0
>
> Should that processor work with older NiFi releases 1.x.0 (x<y)?
>
> Should that processor work with newer NiFi releases 1.z.0 (y<z)?
>
> Thanks
>
> James

Re: Processor forwards/backwards compatibility

James Srinivasan
Mark,

Gotcha, thanks very much.

James