Processor runtime slider?

ruurd.schoonheim
Hi,

I would like to implement a runtime-duration-slider (scheduling tab of processor)

Some packaged processors have this for higher throughput.

Any thoughts how?

Greets
Ruurd Schoonheim

Re: Processor runtime slider?

Andy LoPresto-2
Hi Ruurd,

Is this for a custom processor? You shouldn’t have to do much to take advantage of this feature — just add the @SupportsBatching annotation to your processor. You can see how the value is retrieved and used in EventDrivenSchedulingAgent [1]. As long as your processor extends AbstractProcessor (see the Developer Guide - AbstractProcessor API [2]) and has the annotation above, it will have the slider available in the configuration dialog and will support the run duration value for batching.

If the processor doesn’t have the annotation, it is assumed to be safe for concurrent execution but not batching. To explicitly disable this, you can use @TriggerSerially.

If you have more details on what you are trying to do with this processor, we may be able to help a little more. Good luck.