Re: get access token inside custom processor

Re: get access token inside custom processor

Chamoli, Suraj Ramesh
Hi,
Is there any way where we can get the USERID  of same as the $hostname{()} and ${ip()} of a nifi server.

On 2018/02/27 14:31:26, Bryan Bende <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,>
>
> Your custom processor would be the same as if you were writing an>
> external client program.>
>
> You would need to provide the processor with a username and password>
> in the processor properties, and then it would need to make a call to>
> the token REST end-point.>
>
> Processors don't run as the user from the web UI, they run on behalf>
> of the NiFi framework and have no idea which user started/stopped>
> them.>
>
> Thanks,>
>
> Bryan>
>
> On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 1:27 AM, 尹文才 <[hidden email]> wrote:>
> > Hi guys, I'm trying to invoke some nifi rest apis inside my custom>
> > processor, the nifi I'm using is nifi 1.4.0 and it's a 3 node secured>
> > cluster., the username and password are kept inside a ldap server.>
> > I know that in a secured nifi cluster, in order to make any request I need>
> > the access token, my question is how could I get the access token in my>
> > custom processor? Thanks. (I think the token should be>
> > available somewhere after successful login right?)>
> >>
> > regards,>
> > ben>

Re: get access token inside custom processor

Andy LoPresto-2
Suraj,

There is no concept of a “logged in user” in NiFi. Many (or none) users may be accessing the NiFi UI at the same time, but this is completely independent of the flow operation. The component state is running/stopped/etc. regardless of the user viewing the UI.