Registry Root Template

Craig Knell
Hi Folks

can the root template be versioned in the Registry, currently we can
only get ProcessGroups to be registered in the Registry

Regards

Craig Knell

Re: Registry Root Template

Andy LoPresto-2
No, the root group is not available for flow versioning. You can version any child process groups, and can easily take a flow or flow segment that is on the root and move it to a process group by right-clicking the selected components (include connections) and select “Group”.

PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69

> On May 21, 2019, at 4:39 PM, Craig Knell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Folks
>
> can the root template be versioned in the Registry, currently we can
> only get ProcessGroups to be registered in the Registry
>
> Regards
>
> Craig Knell

Re: Registry Root Template

Craig Knell
Thanks.  I thought so.
It’s a shame as we’d love to have a base template from registry

Best regards

Craig Knell

Mobile 61 402128615
Skype craigknell

> On 22 May 2019, at 08:07, Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, the root group is not available for flow versioning. You can version any child process groups, and can easily take a flow or flow segment that is on the root and move it to a process group by right-clicking the selected components (include connections) and select “Group”.
>
> Andy LoPresto
> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>
>> On May 21, 2019, at 4:39 PM, Craig Knell <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Folks
>>
>> can the root template be versioned in the Registry, currently we can
>> only get ProcessGroups to be registered in the Registry
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Craig Knell

Re: Registry Root Template

Bryan Bende
Craig,

You should be able to just create one additional process group to wrap
everything that would have been on your root canvas.

For example, if you normally have 10 process groups on your root
canvas, then put all of them inside one process group and have just
that one process group on your root canvas, then version control that
PG and you have your base template as your described.

The only limitation of this is that remote ports for site-to-site can
only exist on the root canvas so right now they can't be version
controlled, which is admittedly annoying.

There is active work to make all ports support site-to-site [1], so
once that is completed this shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Thanks,

Bryan

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3351

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 12:28 AM Craig Knell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks.  I thought so.
> It’s a shame as we’d love to have a base template from registry
>
> Best regards
>
> Craig Knell
>
> Mobile 61 402128615
> Skype craigknell
>
> > On 22 May 2019, at 08:07, Andy LoPresto <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > No, the root group is not available for flow versioning. You can version any child process groups, and can easily take a flow or flow segment that is on the root and move it to a process group by right-clicking the selected components (include connections) and select “Group”.
> >
> > Andy LoPresto
> > [hidden email]
> > [hidden email]
> > PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
> >
> >> On May 21, 2019, at 4:39 PM, Craig Knell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Folks
> >>
> >> can the root template be versioned in the Registry, currently we can
> >> only get ProcessGroups to be registered in the Registry
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Craig Knell

Re: Registry Root Template

Craig Knell