Releasing the maven plugin

Benson Margulies
The first release step in NiFi is to release the maven plugin.

* I'm the RM. (I'm formally a committer, 'ex officio', after all). I
will copy and paste command lines into a .md file that will serve as
crib sheet for my successors.

* Someone else is the RM. Unless there's a someone else who has been
down this path before, I recommend that this person make arrangements
to be able to find me on IRC or something at the time.

Re: Releasing the maven plugin

Joe Witt
Benson,

If you're offering to act as an RM who takes great notes I for one would be
thrilled.  I'd also be more than happy to assist/participate in an IRC
sense to follow along.

Defer to your judgement.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> The first release step in NiFi is to release the maven plugin.

> * I'm the RM. (I'm formally a committer, 'ex officio', after all). I
> will copy and paste command lines into a .md file that will serve as
> crib sheet for my successors.
>
> * Someone else is the RM. Unless there's a someone else who has been
> down this path before, I recommend that this person make arrangements
> to be able to find me on IRC or something at the time.

Re: Releasing the maven plugin

Benson Margulies
Unless my fellow mentors think I've gone off the rails here, I'm
perfectly happy to put on my volunteer contributor hat and RM-away.

Meanwhile, all you possible successors should be making and storing PGP keys.

And I need to add mine to a KEYS file in our repo :-)

I will give this until tomorrow in case anyone else has an opinion.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Benson,
>
> If you're offering to act as an RM who takes great notes I for one would be
> thrilled.  I'd also be more than happy to assist/participate in an IRC
> sense to follow along.
>
> Defer to your judgement.

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> The first release step in NiFi is to release the maven plugin.

>> * I'm the RM. (I'm formally a committer, 'ex officio', after all). I
>> will copy and paste command lines into a .md file that will serve as
>> crib sheet for my successors.
>>
>> * Someone else is the RM. Unless there's a someone else who has been
>> down this path before, I recommend that this person make arrangements
>> to be able to find me on IRC or something at the time.

Re: Releasing the maven plugin

Joe Witt
Benson,

Understood.  I will try to do the keys file later if I can figure out how
:-)

Exciting stuff

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Unless my fellow mentors think I've gone off the rails here, I'm
> perfectly happy to put on my volunteer contributor hat and RM-away.
>
> Meanwhile, all you possible successors should be making and storing PGP
> keys.
>
> And I need to add mine to a KEYS file in our repo :-)
>
> I will give this until tomorrow in case anyone else has an opinion.
>

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Joe Witt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Benson,
> >
> > If you're offering to act as an RM who takes great notes I for one would
> be
> > thrilled.  I'd also be more than happy to assist/participate in an IRC
> > sense to follow along.
> >
> > Defer to your judgement.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Joe
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Benson Margulies <[hidden email]
> >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> The first release step in NiFi is to release the maven plugin.

> >> * I'm the RM. (I'm formally a committer, 'ex officio', after all). I
> >> will copy and paste command lines into a .md file that will serve as
> >> crib sheet for my successors.
> >>
> >> * Someone else is the RM. Unless there's a someone else who has been
> >> down this path before, I recommend that this person make arrangements
> >> to be able to find me on IRC or something at the time.

Re: Releasing the maven plugin

Josh Elser
Joe -- I think I saw INFRA do the SVN setup in dist/ per the issue you
filed. You should just be able to make the KEYS file there -- take a
look at any other project to get some ideas of what it looks like. It's
just a simple file.

Joe Witt wrote:

> Benson,
>
> Understood.  I will try to do the keys file later if I can figure out how
> :-)
>
> Exciting stuff

> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Benson Margulies<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Unless my fellow mentors think I've gone off the rails here, I'm
>> perfectly happy to put on my volunteer contributor hat and RM-away.
>>
>> Meanwhile, all you possible successors should be making and storing PGP
>> keys.
>>
>> And I need to add mine to a KEYS file in our repo :-)
>>
>> I will give this until tomorrow in case anyone else has an opinion.
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Joe Witt<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Benson,
>>>
>>> If you're offering to act as an RM who takes great notes I for one would
>> be
>>> thrilled.  I'd also be more than happy to assist/participate in an IRC
>>> sense to follow along.
>>>
>>> Defer to your judgement.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Joe

Re: Releasing the maven plugin

Benson Margulies
We also need a KEYS file in git, so I made one and put myself in it.
At least, that's how other projects I'm involved with do the job.

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Joe -- I think I saw INFRA do the SVN setup in dist/ per the issue you
> filed. You should just be able to make the KEYS file there -- take a look at
> any other project to get some ideas of what it looks like. It's just a
> simple file.
>

> Joe Witt wrote:
>>
>> Benson,
>>
>> Understood.  I will try to do the keys file later if I can figure out how
>> :-)
>>
>> Exciting stuff
>>
>> Thanks
>> Joe
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 3:39 PM, Benson Margulies<[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Unless my fellow mentors think I've gone off the rails here, I'm
>>> perfectly happy to put on my volunteer contributor hat and RM-away.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, all you possible successors should be making and storing PGP
>>> keys.
>>>
>>> And I need to add mine to a KEYS file in our repo :-)
>>>
>>> I will give this until tomorrow in case anyone else has an opinion.

>>> be

Re: Releasing the maven plugin

Joe Witt
Should I add my key to the git copy then place in our dist folder?
On Jan 14, 2015 6:29 PM, "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We also need a KEYS file in git, so I made one and put myself in it.
> At least, that's how other projects I'm involved with do the job.
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Joe -- I think I saw INFRA do the SVN setup in dist/ per the issue you
> > filed. You should just be able to make the KEYS file there -- take a
> look at
> > any other project to get some ideas of what it looks like. It's just a
> > simple file.
> >

> > Joe Witt wrote:
> >>
> >> Benson,
> >>
> >> Understood.  I will try to do the keys file later if I can figure out
> how
> >> :-)
> >>
> >> Exciting stuff
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Joe

> would

> [hidden email]

Re: Releasing the maven plugin

Benson Margulies
Yes
On Jan 14, 2015 6:35 PM, "Joe Witt" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Should I add my key to the git copy then place in our dist folder?
> On Jan 14, 2015 6:29 PM, "Benson Margulies" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > We also need a KEYS file in git, so I made one and put myself in it.
> > At least, that's how other projects I'm involved with do the job.
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Josh Elser <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> > > Joe -- I think I saw INFRA do the SVN setup in dist/ per the issue you
> > > filed. You should just be able to make the KEYS file there -- take a
> > look at
> > > any other project to get some ideas of what it looks like. It's just a
> > > simple file.

> > how

> [hidden email]

> PGP

> > would

> IRC

> > [hidden email]

> as

> been
> arrangements

Re: Releasing the maven plugin

Joe Witt
ok i have updated the KEYS file in git/develop and have added to what
appears to be the proper SVN path.  It now shows up here so I think we're
on the right track:

http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/nifi/KEYS